Who would you be more comfortable giving up in a trade?

Who would you rather give up in a potential Pietrangelo trade

• Total voters

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Pietrangelo? Doubt he's getting moved.

JVR was the player to trade. Or Komarov, or both. We missed the boat on that one.

Sandin or Liljegren are the most attractive pieces that other teams would want though. AJ and such are more likely to be players that teams already have in their system.
I remember last year at the trade deadline it was reported that the Rangers wanted Liljegren if the Leafs were to have traded for Ryan McDonagh. Obviously we know that never happened since Lou Lamoriello never made that trade. Still knowing that do you think Kyle Dubas might want to make a trade like that involving Liljegren or is he going to keep him instead?

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
If Dubas trades Nylander after admitting that he promised not to trade him, he becomes sub Gord Stellick overnight amongst his peers. And Stellick was a cigar store Indian imo, I sat with him in the gondola many a night, I don't really think he made too many decisions on his own.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Neither we need both.

Remember when Burke was comfortable giving up first rounders because we signed Bozak?

Rosen/Borgman does not give us permission to trade Sanding; Pogge should have not given us permission to trade Rask.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I remember last year at the trade deadline it was reported that the Rangers wanted Liljegren if the Leafs were to have traded for Ryan McDonagh. Obviously we know that never happened since Lou Lamoriello never made that trade. Still knowing that do you think Kyle Dubas might want to make a trade like that involving Liljegren or is he going to keep him instead?

I don't know what Dubas is going to do.

I've never been that much into trades, but I can see why its tempting now given current circumstances. Might be one of the best chances he gets to push for the Cup this year. He has a tough decision to make.

I'll guess he keeps Liljegren, but I often think that many of the pieces we tend to offer up in these trade proposals will not get GMs too excited. We could get a guy marginally better than what we already have, but a defender that is clearly better could cost more than what we tend to offer in these proposals.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Washington finally won with a great formula. And not many expected it, I did, but I didn't post it, so its just b.s. on my part and I admit that.

But Washington built a tremendously skilled, fast, Euro mean team. With a dash of Tom Wilson.

It looked like it would never pay off, but it ultimately did.

That is the way it might happen with us. These days, you just do NOT trade your young ELCers, its akin to shooting yourself in the face.

I know one thing.

Watching John Tavares and Mitch Marner and Morgan Rielly, make a season tenable and watchable, every year, till they get too old or injured to do it any more.

Winning a Cup would be great, but watching these guys on a day to day basis is pretty darn good as well.

Matthews? Weird guy, I like him, but I cannot figure him out. Might have the best sneaky shot since Brett Hull, so you gotta like him .

Man he wears some weird clothing, dunno about this guy off the grid lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad