Who would you be more comfortable giving up in a trade?

Who would you rather give up in a potential Pietrangelo trade

• Total voters

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Personally I am of the mind that we need both our young goalies not yet on the Marlies and our 2 1rst round D and only wingers and picks should be dealt.

Zaitsev is also available.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
honestly im higher on dermott than most of our players. Dermott easy choice and its not even close. I see dermott as a #2 in the show for many many years.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly
CF%: 56.8(2nd among regular d man)
CF%REL: 1.5(1st among regular d man)
CF60: 58.3(1st among regular d man)
CA60: 44.3(5th among regular d man)
OZ%: 32.2(lowest among regular d man)

Sandin
CF%: 55.8(4th among regular d man)
CF%REL: -3.1(4th among regular d man)
CF60: 48.60(5th among regular d man)
CA60: 38.5(best among regular d man)
OZ%: 36.8(5th highest among regular d man)

Sandin has had a good start, but Lilly has been much better this season facing tougher competition.
Some people are underrating Lilly, and overrating Sandin.

Thanks to Jeffler for providing the data.

Reactions: Walshy7

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
People voting Sandin really don't know him, I've been a big supporter of Dermott since his draft year, but something about Sandin just gets me excited. He's so smart.

I agree with this despite being a huge Dermott fanboy.

I don't think the Blues lose a trade if they can get Sandin/Dermott from the leafs for Pietrangelo.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd agree, but it seems like Dubas is looking to add another long term player like Tavares rather than a rental.
I think the patience plan is still in play. Sandin and Dermott are players we would want to add so why would we expand either of them to get a like player?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Lilly
CF%: 56.8(2nd among regular d man)
CF%REL: 1.5(1st among regular d man)
CF60: 58.3(1st among regular d man)
CA60: 44.3(5th among regular d man)
OZ%: 32.2(lowest among regular d man)

Sandin
CF%: 55.8(4th among regular d man)
CF%REL: -3.1(4th among regular d man)
CF60: 48.60(5th among regular d man)
CA60: 38.5(best among regular d man)
OZ%: 36.8(5th highest among regular d man)

Sandin has had a good start, but Lilly has been much better this season facing tougher competition.

Thanks to Jeffler for providing the data.

People aren't overrating Sandin. The excitement's warranted.

They're just underrating Lily.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think the patience plan is still in play. Sandin and Dermott are players we would want to add so why would we expand either of them to get a like player?

The goal's to increase chances for a cup while maintaining a long-term outlook.

I'd prefer t0 keep Sandin/Dermott, but Pietrangelo gives the leafs a chance to win the cup. He's basically the defence version of Tavares.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Neither ideally, but it always comes down to what the return is.

For me - both players, and Lily, are all integral for the continued success of the Leafs moving forward ... I value them as such in any return on the trade market

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The goal's to increase chances for a cup while maintaining a long-term outlook.

I'd prefer t0 keep Sandin/Dermott, but Pietrangelo gives the leafs a chance to win the cup. He's basically the defence version of Tavares.
An enticing thought, but I hope we stand pat.
If rielly sustains his level of play, that alone gives us a boost compared to last year.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
We should hang on to both and Lilly. It could come back to hurt us if Lilly is traded.
Only deals that make sense in a lilijgren deal would be something like kapanen+lilijgren+2019 1st( 3 high end pieces). For a under 25 rhd type young talent. This deal would not be taken by the jackets right now, but if kapanen turns into a 60ish point winger at the end of the season and we see panarin walk as a f/a I wonder if the jets would do those three pieces for werenski. I would be looking at dealing lilijgren only for another high end defensive talent, and would be willing to add if we needed to depending on the level of player. As great as Pietrangelo is, he is a f/a soon. We should never be making deals for players with limited term who can potentially be had for just cap. If we are dealing a young talent like lilijgren we need another young and cost controlled player coming back. Ideally we keep him though and he can grow into a top pair defender for is over next 3 seasons.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

For many, the points on the stat sheet are how opinions are formed.

Reactions: stickty111

AM34WN29MM16

Nov 4, 2017
Sandin and Dermott are like players; Pietro is not. I'm not even talking handedness - we have zero top 4 dmen with size and adding Pietro would give us that dimension. I love Dermott and think I'm going to love Sandin, but they are both smaller.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Neither as we need Cheap skilled D. If either of these two were 6” 3/4 nobody in their right mind would be suggesting moving either of them. We need to find a team that needs scoring and trade one of Nylander, Kap or Johnsson. Preference would be Nylander due to his Cap hit.

Furthermore we should be looking to dump Zaitsev if possible. I can deal with him on our third pairing but he has never been as good as his rookie season. He is not terrible but Gardiner is not an ideal playing Partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad