Who Would Win: Atom AAA team (U11) vs Average NBA Team

Who Would Win a Hockey Game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
so a bunch of kids playing at the highest level for their age group against a bunch of tall dudes who very likely can't skate? i don't care how tall and athletic you are, if you can't skate you can't play hockey, the kids would absoultely destroy them.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm sure like 90% of NBA players can't even skate lol
Agreed lol
I'm curious to hear other peoples thoughts on who would win, I'm of the opinion hockey is by far the most difficult sport and I think that the U11 team could realistically destroy professional athletes from any other sport in a game. But I don't think it would hold true for any other sport. I think the NBA team would destroy elite 10 year olds in football, an NFL team would destroy elite 10 year olds in soccer, etc

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Agreed lol
I'm curious to hear other peoples thoughts on who would win, I'm of the opinion hockey is by far the most difficult sport and I think that the U11 team could realistically destroy professional athletes from any other sport in a game. But I don't think it would hold true for any other sport. I think the NBA team would destroy elite 10 year olds in football, an NFL team would destroy elite 10 year olds in soccer, etc

Variable here that makes the difference is skating. skating is the fundamental skill required to play hockey. The other sports require athletism, but literally just having the ability to walk and run qualifies you to be able to play those sports. hockey is so different in that respect, you could be the greatest athlete that's ever lived, but if you can't skate, you're getting whipped by an 11 year old who can.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What a stupid question, lol. As athletic as they are, I doubt very many of the NBA team would have guys that know how to skate and many have never handled a hockey stick in their life. This isn't like Soccer where they can just use their size and athleticism to overcome any technical ability.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Does the average nba team have 2-3 guys that can skate really well? If so them, if not they wouldn’t stand a chance.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Does the average nba team have 2-3 guys that can skate really well? If so them, if not they wouldn’t stand a chance.

2 guys who can skate really well ain't beating 11-year olds with 4 other guys sitting on the ice.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
2 guys who can skate really well ain't beating 11-year olds with 4 other guys sitting on the ice.
Perhaps not. Was thinking a skill level of a guy that played hockey until 16-17 or so. A guy or two like that might be able to score at will while the others are laying in front of the net in a half circle.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
A U8 AAA team would wax a bunch of guys who've probably never skated.

U11?? Have you seen the Brick Tournament? Those kids are 10.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I really don't get the purpose of this poll, all it basically wants you to say is that "NBA players don't ice skate"

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I really don't get the purpose of this poll, all it basically wants you to say is that "NBA players don't ice skate"
It spawned from an argument that hockey isn’t the most difficult sport. My stance is that 10 year olds, perhaps even 8 year olds would beat a team of professional athletes from any other sport because of how difficult and technical hockey is, that even such an absurd athletic advantage would have no impact. But any other sport, the professional athletes would beat the 10 year olds.

Reactions: Asinine

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It spawned from an argument that hockey isn’t the most difficult sport. My stance is that 10 year olds, perhaps even 8 year olds would beat a team of professional athletes from any other sport because of how difficult and technical hockey is, that even such an absurd athletic advantage would have no impact. But any other sport, the professional athletes would beat the 10 year olds.
Mainly because of the skating aspect. In Basketball, Football, Baseball, you're in cleats/shoes which any all bodied person can play. You don't even have to talk about the skill level because the ice skating aspect alone already ends the conversation.

A more interesting conversation to me would be how a pro hockey team would perform against a semi-competitive men's basketball team in a non-pro organized league after a few weeks of training. And then vice versa with a pro basketball team vs a non-pro hockey team that plays in an organized league also after the same amount of prep time.

Basically pro teams vs competitive beer league teams, with 3-4 weeks of prep time.

With the poll asking which game would be more competitive.

Edit: that or at least switch it up to ball hockey

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Can the NBA players wear sneakers?

They win unless you actually put them in skates.
Skating is a significant aspect of hockey, it's like taking away batting, tackling, etc from other sports. But even if we're talking a ball hockey game. Hmm, the athleticism & size of the NBA players would obviously be a much bigger factor than if it were a game of ice hockey. But I still think it would be relatively close. Make it U13 and I'd bet money on the kids beating an NBA team at ball hockey.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

Who would win a game of baseball:

A high school baseball team or a baseball team made of your average NHL players?

I'd bet money that a little league world series team would make NHL players look like fools.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Who would win - a 10 year old age group swim relay team from a top swim club or the Nigerian National Soccer Team that has never swam in their life before?

It's a silly question. It does not really prove whatever you intend to prove.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Skating is a significant aspect of hockey, it's like taking away batting, tackling, etc from other sports. But even if we're talking a ball hockey game. Hmm, the athleticism & size of the NBA players would obviously be a much bigger factor than if it were a game of ice hockey. But I still think it would be relatively close. Make it U13 and I'd bet money on the kids beating an NBA team at ball hockey.
It would not be relatively close.

Without skating, the NBA team runs up an NBA score.

99.99% of u11 and u13 players go nowhere in hockey. It's average Joey's in their childhood versus adult pro athletes with an average height of 6'7".

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Who would win a game of baseball:

A high school baseball team or a baseball team made of your average NHL players?

The high school baseball team but baseball isnt nearly as hard of a sport to play at a lower level than hockey. Give an average athlete 10 tries to field a ground ball at shortstop and throw it to first he successfully does it cleanly probably 5-7 times.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
The high school baseball team but baseball isnt nearly as hard of a sport to play at a lower level than hockey. Give an average athlete 10 tries to field a ground ball at shortstop and throw it to first he successfully does it cleanly probably 5-7 times.

Give your average athlete 10 tries to throw a ball at least 70 mph in the strikezone and they probably do it 0 out of 10 times (unless they grew up playing baseball)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think baseball is actually where the adults have the least advantage because it's non-contact.

How are 11 years olds getting the puck away from a guy who's 6'11", 250 and fast?

Reactions: NA Scouting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad