Who would we have a better chance of beating first round?

Who would we have a better chance of beating first round?

• Total voters

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Oilers.

It would mean the Habs would go into the playoffs with a bit of momentum, getting into 3rd place in the North.

I also think they’ve played the Oilers better this season.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Oilers fans are less annoying than Leafs fans and I won't have to listen to SN commentators and color guys orgasming every time one of Matthews nostrils flare.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Leaf's. Hopefully binman gets fired after a 4 and out. Hab's and Blue's will make the playoffs with a losing record. :huh:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I really don't care bit voted Laughs. Have to beat both( or one plus the Peg) to get to semis and that is the goal.
I just think it would be a sweeter W to oust the Leafs than Oilers and not sure this team has enough for 2 PO rd wins.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd like to see a Habs Oilers series. No doubt McD will light us up on some nights but if we can just contain him enough, we can win a round. Put Danault on him and hope for the best.

Unfortunately, I think if we play TO we will get absolutely smoked. Our D is swiss cheese and their lineup is awesome offensively.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’m sure Vegas would give us better odds against the Oilers, but Habs/Leafs would be too much fun. Knocking them out in the first round would just deliver such heartbreak to their fanbase Id be overjoyed.

Reactions: angusyoung

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Oilers. Better matchup and that also means the Habs had a good end to the year.

I'm expecting Leafs though. I've give the Habs an outside shot at beating them but the Leafs will be heavy favorites (rightfully so).

But man, I want someone to beat them. They are already talking about the final 4, as if it's a forgone conclusion. I don't blame them, but I really want them taken down a peg.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Leafs look like one of the top teams in the league right now. A lot grittier than last year, while also superior defensively compared to then and lastly with a viable Plan B in nets (maybe even Plan A, relegating the old Plan A to B). There is a better chance against the Oil to make it to the second round.

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Oilers: Defend against McDrai, I believe we're a little better than the rest of the roster

Leafs: I don't think we're better in any area (or line) other than goaltender... would be exciting for the rivalry but painful to watch I believe

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We need to be healthy, if we can get there, we can beat each of these teams......glad it wont be Calgary though.
I think this years playoffs, will mirror the season.......absolutely anyone can beat anyone...hopefully we clinch, and go from there....
Starting with a win tonight!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad