Who would we have a better chance of beating first round?

Who would we have a better chance of beating first round?

• Total voters

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very close to clinching now. Calgary 8 back with a game in hand and 5 games left, and Edm is winning 2-0 already tonight. Also, we pulled within 2 points of Winnipeg. Not sure who I'd rather play: Toronto or Edm. The Jets have an easier schedule.

If CGY loses tonight, they would have to go 4-1-1 and the Habs 0-6-0 for them to pass us.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Top 2 can be either TOR or EDM.

If CGY loses tonight, they can still reach 59 pts and Habs got 55 pts.
Technically Vancouver can get 63 pts. But they're done with Virtanen, Covid and Schedule.

I prefer facing the Oilers since we might never play a western team in the playoffs in the near future (unless SCF)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Wonder if either the leafs or oilers will be resting guys ahead of the playoffs for our games against them. They're both pretty comfortable in their spots.

Reactions: canucklover123

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I feel like no matter what we will be playing one of them in the second round anyway if it comes to it. Just take whoever is in front of us. I will say I would much rather lose to Edmonton and would much rather beat the leafs

I will also add as good as Mcdavid and Draisaitl can and will be Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander all have our number

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021
Like Matthews and Marner (and Nylander) are better players than McDavid and Drai when playing the Habs. Maybe not on a 7 games series. But I rather face Edmonton to be honest.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Edmonton after McD gets suspended throwing a hissy fit and starting to elbow/fight everyone a la Binnington

Reactions: Max2

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I want to face Nostrils and his gang of losers and take them and their arrogant fans down a notch. I think a healthy and rested habs team can definitely take them on and take them down.It won't be easy but challenges never are and I want to face the enemy head on.

Reactions: thewall

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I want to face Nostrils and his gang of losers and take them and their arrogant fans down a notch. I think a healthy and rested habs team can definitely take them on and take them down.It won't be easy but challenges never are and I want to face the enemy head on.

Imagine the tears, I have witness 2 cups i could live without seeing another if it guarantees these losers never get a snif at a Stanley Cup!!

Reactions: Max2

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Oilers AINEC

E0WmW3YWEAIVVBM

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Oilers AINEC

E0WmW3YWEAIVVBM

Man, Marner's so good.

Still can't believe leafland treated him like absolute shit for daring to think he's just as good as Tavares and Moonman. Wish Bergevin would've pursued him instead of Aho at the time.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Top 2 can be either TOR or EDM.

If CGY loses tonight, they can still reach 59 pts and Habs got 55 pts.
Technically Vancouver can get 63 pts. But they're done with Virtanen, Covid and Schedule.

I prefer facing the Oilers since we might never play a western team in the playoffs in the near future (unless SCF)
That's actually an interesting thought, because to put enough pressure on Winnipeg to pass them we'd need to beat Toronto multiple times, potentially leading to them falling below Edmonton as well, and ending up still playing them but in the 2 vs 3 match.

Reactions: llamateizer

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No preference. Both good teams and not interested in playing the overconfident game.

In any case, both are beatable if we play our best but that depends on us.

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
Imagine the tears, I have witness 2 cups i could live without seeing another if it guarantees these losers never get a snif at a Stanley Cup!!
I have seen 0 so please no lol. But EDM for me we just play better against them.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I prefer to see the Leafs as our opponent who our great great grandfathers had seen before us beaten into submission in humiliating fashion as is tradition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->