Who would replace AV?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We’re mostly in agreement that he needs to go, but we’ve been round this roundabout a few times in the past decade and it hasn’t gotten any better. A change of coach isn’t necessarily an improvement unless it’s the right one coming in.

So on that note, if AV was to go tomorrow, who’s your realistic suggestion to replace him?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We’re mostly in agreement that he needs to go, but we’ve been round this roundabout a few times in the past decade and it hasn’t gotten any better. A change of coach isn’t necessarily an improvement unless it’s the right one coming in.

So on that note, if AV was to go tomorrow, who’s your realistic suggestion to replace him?

With Gallant off the market, i'd feel pretty good about Claude Julien or Benoit Groulx. Another AHL coach i'd kick the tires on is Karl Taylor.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Torts, like we shoulda done 4 godam HCs ago.. ffs...

This is sarcasm I hope?

AV won't be fired until January, if they don't turn it around, and if they do, he'll be here for the duration.

How good is Julien? Boston missed the playoffs his last three seasons, Habs made it twice in four years, though they were worse without him this season. Remember, he had Rask as his #1 goaltender those three season in Boston. And Marchand, Bergeron and Chara.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is sarcasm I hope?

AV won't be fired until January, if they don't turn it around, and if they do, he'll be here for the duration.

How good is Julien? Boston missed the playoffs his last three seasons, Habs made it twice in four years, though they were worse without him this season. Remember, he had Rask as his #1 goaltender those three season in Boston. And Marchand, Bergeron and Chara.
He won't get until January. He won't survive a poor start.

With casual fan interest at an all-time low, and core fan base completely fed up and out of patience, if they don't start hot, the Flyers will move quickly, because they can't blame a pandemic on all the empty seats. Once they opened up to fans this season they were definitely surprised that people weren't banging down the door to get in, and that's before the season went off a cliff.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
It's funny that people think AV would be in any danger with another bad season.

The front office idiots will do the same thing as the fan idiots and media idiots, scapegoat the good players and pretend the staff is doing great.

Fletcher is as dumb as AV. He's proven this over and over since being hired.

The boos during games usually get to them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The boos during games usually get to them.
More like the lack of them. When they fired Hextall, Holmgren directly referenced the attendance. Results are one thing, but this franchise is definitely going to want to be able to raise ticket prices a year from now, they can't do it if the team is in-line to miss the playoffs and have attendance decline. And they put a lot into the renovations to increase consumer interaction.

I've wrote it around here before, but business ops having their jobs become more arduous won't be lost on anyone there.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA
Just give Gritty the job. Scotty Bowman would have an uphill climb getting this roster going in the right direction.

Reactions: Rebels57

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Want Brind'Amour but that's a pipe dream. Might be down for Tocchet. but anyone at this point other than Hakstol, Torts or Babcock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad