Who would Crosby pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I'd love to see him in Montreal, but I think it all comes down to who has the most money to pay him if the NHL get a hard salary cap.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BMWM3owner said:
If he's a free agent, does that still make him a rookie? if thats the case, then isnt there a rookie maximum, if thats the case, then every team is going to give him the same type of money contract

Even though Im a caps, I'd really like to see the habs sign crosby...they're about due for the next french canadian hockey star

the entry level cap is on a players 1st contract regardless of if he is drafted or not...junior lessard and thomas pock weren't drafted, but they still had to be signed within the same entry level limits.

leafaholix*

Sidney Crosby's not going to knock on Montreal's door, the Canadiens are going to have to hunt him down, throw all the money they can at him, and then somehow convince him that Montreal's the best place for him to play.

It's going to be tough.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This is all, of course, under the assumption that there will be no draft, and all '05 eligible players will automatically become undrafted UFAs. I just can't see that happening, and even if it does, isn't there a roster freeze in effect? Would the teams be able to sign these players?

leafaholix*

nomorekids said:
This is all, of course, under the assumption that there will be no draft, and all '05 eligible players will automatically become undrafted UFAs. I just can't see that happening, and even if it does, isn't there a roster freeze in effect? Would the teams be able to sign these players?
Well, I'm sure they'd become UFA's and have the right to negotiate with teams and when the lockout comes to an end, they can make the signings official.

But don't worry, I'm sure someone will sign with Nashville.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Leafaholix said:
Well, I'm sure they'd become UFA's and have the right to negotiate with teams and when the lockout comes to an end, they can make the signings official.

But don't worry, I'm sure someone will sign with Nashville.

Yeah, yeah. I'm kind of worried about who would sign with Toronto, though. As far as I know, there are no draft-eligible 38 year olds wanting 6 million for 15 goals a year ;)

leafaholix*

nomorekids said:
Yeah, yeah. I'm kind of worried about who would sign with Toronto, though. As far as I know, there are no draft-eligible 38 year olds wanting 6 million for 15 goals a year ;)
:dunno:

CH Wizard

nomorekids said:

:lol

That's what I exactly said in another board.

leafaholix*

nomorekids said:
You'd think as a Mod you'd be capable of not posting such BS.

Nice work.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
This thread has absolutely no redeeming value, and may as well just have been titled any of the following:

"What is your favorite team?"

"Are you a Canadian, or an American?"

"Is your home team in the deep south?"

"Can you read someone's mind?"

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Epsilon said:
This thread has absolutely no redeeming value, and may as well just have been titled any of the following:

"What is your favorite team?"

"Are you a Canadian, or an American?"

"Is your home team in the deep south?"

"Can you read someone's mind?"

:handclap: :handclap:

Let's just make a thread like this for everyone projected to go in the first round.

"Who would Dustin Rose like to sign with?"

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
theo_60 said:
Or he could go to Atlanta and center Heatley and Kovalchuk and take passes from Coburn and cherry pick at the red line and wait for saucers from Lehtonen

wow scary thought.... with Kovalchuk, Heatly, Santala, Exelby, Coburn and Lehtonen looking like there starting line in 2010 these guys will be unstopable. Add Crosby and they will win 55-65 games imo.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I was saying in another thread, I don't even think of Brule as a clear-cut number two, depending on the team that's picking's needs. Jack Johnson is a monster talent as far as d-men go, maybe in the Suter\Phaneuf category. If a team like Columbus or Carolina that has all their offensive chips in a row is picking...I'd be surprised to see him passed over.

Vic Rattlehead*

nomorekids said:
I was saying in another thread, I don't even think of Brule as a clear-cut number two, depending on the team that's picking's needs. Jack Johnson is a monster talent as far as d-men go, maybe in the Suter\Phaneuf category. If a team like Columbus or Carolina that has all their offensive chips in a row is picking...I'd be surprised to see him passed over.
If I was Columbus or Carolina with the second pick, I would take the gamble on trading down a spot. Get Johnson and extra picks. If all else fails, you still get Brule with extra picks

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Epsilon said:
There's no way anyone would offer him such a deal.

ITS CROSBY!!!! I would give 10 million for a chance at a possible future gretzky.. belive me GMS have lost 10 million in worse ways. (Like Yashin, Holik)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
nomorekids said:
Wasn't there talk of a 5 million dollar contract if\when the WHA got set up?

What NHL team is going to pay 10 million for an 18 year old rookie? Does anyone who isn't a complete homer think that Crosby could justify that sort of number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad