Who would Crosby pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Let's say there is no draft, and Crosby is legally allowed to declare himself an unrestricted free agent.

Where do you think he goes, and why?

Canadian team for sure, or American?

Robert Paulson*

Probably the Rangers, as they could pay him the most.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
PepNCheese said:
Let's say there is no draft, and Crosby is legally allowed to declare himself an unrestricted free agent.

Where do you think he goes, and why?

Canadian team for sure, or American?

The team that would offer him the most money. Hockey hubs like Toronto and Montreal could also be attractive. But according to young NHLPA members, young players tend to love Southern cities like Tampa, Los Angeles and Miami these days so if I were Crosby I'd probably go to Florida as they are in the South and they have a potential dynasty brewing (all they lack is a true #1 center). Crosby could go there, have Horton, Stewart, Olesz and Taticek as his wingers, Weiss as his 2nd line center, Bouwmeester, Van Ryn and Krajicek feeding him passes from the blueline and Luongo manning the pipes. That would be an amazing team.

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Or he could go to Atlanta and center Heatley and Kovalchuk and take passes from Coburn and cherry pick at the red line and wait for saucers from Lehtonen

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
Montreal. I've read before they were his favourite team as a kid and they have the history, fanbase and money to make an offer.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
His favorite team is Montreal maybe them, but he'd probably goto LA just because they'll give him more money and he'll probably sell hockey best there.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I don't know where he would go, but if I had that choice and his skills, I owuld go to Atlanta and center the Heatley Kovalchuk line, as somebody said here before me.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't see the NHL letting the most talented prospect in 20 years going to the highest bidder. If there isn't any hockey this year I think the NHL will combine the 05 and 06 draft class for 1 mega draft if there is hockey in 05/06.

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus. :) (Nash/Crosby/Zherdev) :bow:

Yeah, sickening homer post, I know.

If I were him, I'd be looking at teams with a pretty solid future. Atlanta, Florida, Columbus, even Nashville. Places where he's going to make the fastest impact and get the most ice-time. Unfortunately, those are also teams you hear get thrown into the contraction mill the most, too.

Anybody's guess....

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
bossy22 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't see the NHL letting the most talented prospect in 20 years going to the highest bidder. If there isn't any hockey this year I think the NHL will combine the 05 and 06 draft class for 1 mega draft if there is hockey in 05/06.

I don't really think he's the best prospect since Lemieux, personally. I think Lindros was a better prospect, and if you asked me if I"d rather have Lindros-91 or Crosby-05, I'd take Lindros without a second of hesitation. People forget just how good Eric Lindros was for a very long time.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Jovanovski = Norris said:
The team that would offer him the most money. Hockey hubs like Toronto and Montreal could also be attractive. But according to young NHLPA members, young players tend to love Southern cities like Tampa, Los Angeles and Miami these days so if I were Crosby I'd probably go to Florida as they are in the South and they have a potential dynasty brewing (all they lack is a true #1 center). Crosby could go there, have Horton, Stewart, Olesz and Taticek as his wingers, Weiss as his 2nd line center, Bouwmeester, Van Ryn and Krajicek feeding him passes from the blueline and Luongo manning the pipes. That would be an amazing team.
heck yeah :yo:

Man, I wish.

Olesz will probably be a center for us.

Jokinen is a true #1 center. I don't know anyone who's more of a #1 center than Jokinen.

Up front would be:

Jokinen, Olesz, Nedorost, Weiss, Kreps, Globke, Roussin, Stewart, Taticek, Horton, and Kolnik and Berglund and Huselius. That's a ridiculously talented core. On d, JBO, Krajicek, Novak and VanRyn are all great passers. Crosby IMO would go to FLA as his first choice I really this cuz the team is so so close to being a strong contender and Crosby could easily get a job on the top 2 lines. I think the players listed above with Crosby would have to be the most intelligent group of players I've ever seen. All aside from Stewart, and Berglund, have EXCEPTIONAL hockey sense. Both Stewart adn Berglund have good hockey sense too, but the other ones have such great vision. I would be scared that they would overpass the puck too much.

Vic Rattlehead*

Washington. He will want to centre Ovechkin.

Not in a million years would he come to Boston, sadly. Contract time is hell, but we do have a good future in store. Plus, I don't think he would want to be the second line centre behind Joe Thornton.

X-Man

Nov 7, 2004
Somewhere
def. montreal. if not them then toronto. the only chance he has to go to an american team is the rangers.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Montreal would be a choice for him or any other young teams where he could go now and make a case for himself.

As for those for suggest Toronto. I might be way off but usually, someone who have Montreal has his team is as far away from liking Toronto than he is from liking Boston... Sorry but only thing Crosby would want from Toronto is $ and we know there are other markets where he would get the same $ imo.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If a guy would choose to play in montreal because that was "his" team growing up, I cant see a reason he would play in Toronto.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
theo_60 said:
Or he could go to Atlanta and center Heatley and Kovalchuk and take passes from Coburn and cherry pick at the red line and wait for saucers from Lehtonen
:D :D :D :D :D

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
If they all became UFA the Rangers would probably clear the house. The payroll is relatively low to what its usually been.

He could step in as the number 1 or 2 center.

Vic Rattlehead*

Bileur said:
If a guy would choose to play in montreal because that was "his" team growing up, I cant see a reason he would play in Toronto.
Money? Toronto certainly has more to spend than Montreal does.

How about Detroit? That would certainly be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->