Who would best suit the Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProctorSilex

Sorry for such a topic but I haven't really kept up on the prospects in the last year like I have in years past with my cancellation of the hockey news and I never found this website until a couple days ago.

Obviously we'd love Crosby, but chances are slim. So everyone knows how Edmonton plays, fast, hard nosed what prospect would look the best in Oiler silk?

ProctorSilex

What about this Jack Johnson guy? Heard he can skate like the wind.

Oilers1*

If not Crosby, I'd really like to see the Oilers get Brule.

Edmonton has lost a little of the attitude they used to have. . .the small, feisty, skilled Brule would help bring alot of that back.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Laraque27 said:
If not Crosby, I'd really like to see the Oilers get Brule.

Edmonton has lost a little of the attitude they used to have. . .the small, feisty, skilled Brule would help bring alot of that back.
agreed

ProctorSilex

If not the #1 pick by all means I hope they get Brule. From what people say of this Jack Johnson guy though, I like that idea after Brule.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
what i'm thinking for the oilers is a physical winger to compliment the speed and skill of schremp...maybe someone like ryan or skille to give that line a nice mix of speed, size, skill, strength, etc

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Being an avid Oiler fan, There are two positions i feel they could really use an upgrade on.

1: Power Forward: The Oilers have a lot of skilled players such as Hemsky, Schremp, York, pouliot(on the way) etc... Yes it would be nice to get a offensively gifted forward liek a Brule, but if they are out of the top 10 then id go for a power forward or at least an offensive forward with some grit. Cause as fiesty as guys liek torres are, they could deffinately use more.

2: Defence. The Oilers have a big upside in defence, with matt Greene, Jeff woywitka, Alexei Semenov. But a player who would suit the Oilers well Is Marc Staal, If the Oilers could snag him then that would be a great pick for them.

They don't need a goalie at all as they have a good amount of depth in that department with Dubnyk and JDD

ProctorSilex

^^^^ Means nothing but I always had some feeling Marc Staal would be an Oiler.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
When I saw him last season I thought Alex Bourret would make a good Oiler based on his style of play and the team's. Plus he could play on a second line (most people project him to the third line, and this may be right, but put with the right players, he has the raw skills to produce).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
NYR469 said:
what i'm thinking for the oilers is a physical winger to compliment the speed and skill of schremp...maybe someone like ryan or skille to give that line a nice mix of speed, size, skill, strength, etc

That's quite possibly the 1st time that I remember someone calling Schremp fast!!!:) That said, I agree a big power forward who could light the lampm for 25-30 goals a year would be GREAT for the Oilers. Bourret or Latendresse would both be good picks for the middle of the 1st round for the Oilers IMO. Of course at this point we don't know wher any team will be picking, so it's a moot point.

ProctorSilex

So why not say "f**k" the draft pick and try to use a few extra dollars to sign Lindros or Allison for the time being but take the most talented prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->