Who Wore it Best? #36, #37, #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Eleventh in a series of polls to determine who wore each sweater number "best" in Avalanche history. Best is open to interpretation and debate, have at it!

Nominations for each number and poll results for #1-#34 can be found in THIS thread.

Please only one vote per number.

THANK YOU for your participation!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Call me crazy but I thought Andreychuk was one of the most underwhelming pickups in the history of or team. Not that Barnaby was a superstar but I think he was better which is sad.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I went with Odgers as he was the teams go to enforcers for a few years. But it really is a toss up. Then Drury of course. And as much as I hate to, I have to vote Barnaby...triple or more the points of the other 2, in the same number of games....and not like either were/are fighters. Hopefully that vote can change next summer.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Odgers Drury Barnaby

Wanted terribly to give Moore the vote, but that would have been based on what might have been. Odgers was what he was, but always did it with gusto.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I went with Odgers as he was the teams go to enforcers for a few years. But it really is a toss up. Then Drury of course. And as much as I hate to, I have to vote Barnaby...triple or more the points of the other 2, in the same number of games....and not like either were/are fighters. Hopefully that vote can change next summer.

Odgers Drury Barnaby

Wanted terribly to give Moore the vote, but that would have been based on what might have been. Odgers was what he was, but always did it with gusto.

I agree completely. Moore may have turned out to have a better career but he wasn't that great with us. It's unfortunate what happened but Odgers actually had more points in one season for the Avs than Moore did in his entire (short of course) career. Not to mention Odgers was feared on the ice. 259pims one year for us!

I agree on Barnaby too. I hate him but he was better than Andreychuk. Andreychuk sucked for us.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Odgers (what a scary dude), Drury, Hish. Don't like either of the other options for #38.

Andreychuck... meh. Barnaby... meh. I actually don't know this off the top of my head, but has Hish been with the organization (obviously not team) longer than those other two at this point?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Odgers (what a scary dude), Drury, Hish. Don't like either of the other options for #38.

Andreychuck... meh. Barnaby... meh. I actually don't know this off the top of my head, but has Hish been with the organization (obviously not team) longer than those other two at this point?

Both Andreychuk and Barnaby were late season additions that played the remainder of their seasons and playoffs with the Avs only. Neither were with the organization longer than a few months.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Odgers was a beast

Drury and Andreychuk...I probably should've voted Barnaby though. I liked both guys a lot.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I agree completely. Moore may have turned out to have a better career but he wasn't that great with us. It's unfortunate what happened but Odgers actually had more points in one season for the Avs than Moore did in his entire (short of course) career. Not to mention Odgers was feared on the ice. 259pims one year for us!

I agree on Barnaby too. I hate him but he was better than Andreychuk. Andreychuk sucked for us.

I always felt Moore would have developed to be a lot like what his brother is now. High quality bottom 6 guy who could be relied upon for his consistency, etc.

It is funny because I liked Barnaby over the years. Can't really even explain why, since he wasn't a great player. He just always caught my attention in those Sabres, Penguins, Rangers years and was like a skating ball of energy whenever he was on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad