Who won the Subban/Weber trade?

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
For a guy who didn't fit with the Montreal Canadiens organization, I think getting Weber for Subban is a pretty big steal. GMs usually lower what they are offering significantly when they smell that out.

For Nashville? They got pretty close to winning a cup. Stacking your defense to win a cup has definitely worked historically like it did for the NJ Devils. It seems that they are going a different route now.

I think both teams won. Trades aren't win/loss unless it is very apparent, they are a lot of pieces that contribute to the trade more than just the players/picks we see at the end.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Neither the Oilers or Devils won a Stanley cup, so the Hall-larsson. trade is a wash. Impeccable logic

No, Weber and Subban are much closer in talent and impact on thier respective teams.

The other two, ones a hart trophy winner while the other is an average D.

Simple enough for you

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
My biggest "concern" is, the fans who started to cheer for Nashville when he got there, will they cheer for NJ now that Subban is moved there.
At least, We will see him more now that he's in the East. Weber is a bit older but they serve different roles.
I know a lot of people will say MTL lost the trade, but I think it came at a time where there was tension in the room and when Poile called, the trade happened. A few years later, it was Pacioretty and Galchenyuk leaving.
I'm glad Montreal moved on. I don't miss PK. He would have gotten on my nerves too. It was time. But, he was special!

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd say the season ended with a draw, both accomplished what they needed for the team (Stanley Cup finals vs changed team culture and became captain).

I have Montreal as the winner just due to longevity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->