Who wins this Matthews Trade

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, context is everything.

Last year, in one of my leagues, (non Keeper) I started out 1-6. I REALLY NEEDED A G, AND A D.

I traded McDavid for Rinne and Subban (who were killing it.). Rinne and Subban were stars for my team. I lost only 1 game the rest of the way. Made the finals. Lost there, but got there. 2nd out of 12 not bad. The team that trading for McDavid, he went in the crapper. He never could fill the goalie and Dmen void he created with the trade. My offense was good, so I knew I would be OK without McDavid. So you if you can fill needs appropriately, you do so.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Right off, easy to say HellBoy/Hamilton.

But as was already mentioned, this particular trade isn't about straight up who won, who lost..... sounds like team needs are at play here.

I've made trades that on the surface, looked terrible, but when you factor in team needs and long term plans, the trade wouldn't look so bad after all.

I think this is the case here.

If we ARE talking just players straight up, I like the side with the winning starting goaltender and the premium defenseman over the star center and the goalie who may have lost his starters job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad