Who wins the Vezina right now?

Give the vezina before 2019 season starts

• Total voters

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
lmao why is smith on there, i was tempted to homer vote him just because u have me the chance

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't know about the correlation between goalie stats and the best teams in the league, but Hank is the only Rangers player that has shown up every night.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I know Hank won’t win this poll (and shouldn’t) but how the hell is he not even an option with the season he’s having?

Reactions: NewYorkNick

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gibson 100%. The man is playing like he’s possessed. It’s been some time since I’ve seen a goalie be as dominant as he is right now. Almost a Hasek-like impact.

Lundqvist should get a nomination - his reputation might help him a lot in that regard. The horrible team in front of him shouldn’t be too much of a deterrent to his elite play.

Always hard to go against Rinne. Another great year for him so far, he just doesn’t want to quit yet.

Andersen’s having a strong year, but reputations are slow-moving and I don’t think he’s playing quite well enough to move into that elite tier of goalies. Yes, it should be about this year only, but we all know that’s not how many (maybe all) of the Vezina voters think.

Vasi will get some votes, but he’s not carrying his team like others are. I think other goalies are having stronger performances even if they may not be considered better.

No one else has really stood out to me. Bishop’s been pretty hot lately, but he’ll have to stay healthy and keep this up - both shouldn’t be expected.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Gibson, if you haven't gotten to see him play yet you should tune in. He's playing some great hockey on a (sorry ducks fan) bad team.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
LOL @ Smith Fleury Price and Dubnyk being options

Stats for the 2018-19 season at this point...

Fleury - 16 wins, 2.43 GAA, .912 SV%, 5 SO
Dubnyk - 10 wins, 2.81 GAA, .907 SV%
Smith - 10 wins, 2.93 GAA, .892 SV%, 2 SO
Price - 10 wins, 2.96 GAA, .900 SV%, 1 SO

I think it's reasonable to include Fleury among the poll options at this point.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Andersen ends up with more wins and a higher sv% than Rinne, he will take it

his numbers are incredible, especially behind gardiner,zaitsev,hainsey,ozhiganov etc and not subban,ekholm,josi, and ellis playing 45-50mins a night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad