Who wins the Rocket this year? Ovechkin or the field

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Do you really think some of them will repeat it and In the same, do you think that 30g pace is what Laine is and nothing more?

Looking at those who scored 40 goals, I can easily see at least 7 or 8 that I believe could repeat. We cant really predict how league scoring will be.

That said, nobody can predict Laine even half way through the season. He was so wildly inconsistent last season that I dont think people should bank on either 30 or 40 goals. It could go either way. I just think being upset that people dont believe in a guy who got 65% of his goals in one month is kinda pointless.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
That's not uncommon. Hockey is a grind and a marathon. Skipping the first 13 miles has some advantages relative to the players who are piling up nagging injuries.
Yep indeed thats my only questionmark with him how he does over a full season.in his rookie season he did slow down but then entered an great pace at the last 10 games or so. I hope we find out this season

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Looking at those who scored 40 goals, I can easily see at least 7 or 8 that I believe could repeat. We cant really predict how league scoring will be.

That said, nobody can predict Laine even half way through the season. He was so wildly inconsistent last season that I dont think people should bank on either 30 or 40 goals. It could go either way. I just think being upset that people dont believe in a guy who got 65% of his goals in one month is kinda pointless.

Im not upset, just amazed how People like you dont see his potential. He is still only 21 and you treat him like he wont get any better and that his best hockey years were when he was 18 and 19.

If he has had two streaky months already, dont you realize that maybe Its not a fluke? He also has already 7 hat tricks on his career
NHL & WHA Career Leaders and Records for Hat Tricks | Hockey-Reference.com

The active players ahead of him are
Seguin, hartnell, perry, stamkos, tavares, crosby, vanek, malkin, kovalchuk, gaborik, staal, jagr and ovechkin.
Tell me it isnt impressive how only they are ahead of him, he has only played 3 seasons.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Im not upset, just amazed how People like you dont see his potential. He is still only 21 and you treat him like he wont get any better and that his best hockey years were when he was 18 and 19.

If he has had two streaky months already, dont you realize that maybe Its not a fluke? He also has already 7 hat tricks on his career

Seguin, hartnell, perry, stamkos, tavares, crosby, vanek, malkin, kovalchuk, gaborik, staal, jagr and ovechkin.
Tell me it isnt impressive how only they are ahead of him, he has only played 3 seasons.

Everyone sees his potential, it was obvious his rookie season. The problem is that he's gotten worse, not better, since then. Of course he can do it, but recent trends have him going the other way. He scores hat tricks, he's young, great- he was MIA for the majority of the season, he was worse than he was when he was younger. That's cause for serious doubt.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

I see the potential just fine. Its potential. But this past season was overly worrying. Idk what the issue is, nobody does, but theres an issue. I wont pretend it's not there.

Cool for his accolades, but when a guy posts a good 44 goal season followed by a season like he just did, I need some proof before I make it a certainty that he'll be on the ups.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
I see the potential just fine. Its potential. But this past season was overly worrying. Idk what the issue is, nobody does, but theres an issue. I wont pretend it's not there.

Cool for his accolades, but when a guy posts a good 44 goal season followed by a season like he just did, I need some proof before I make it a certainty that he'll be on the ups.

When a 30g season is considered disappointing you know even yourself what he is capable of doing.

Out of all the players who slumped, I see him most likely to bounce back since he is still very young and proven to be a sick goal scorer. Obviously Its easy to just look back and think nobody will ever get better and the past top scorers will repeat what they did. I just dont see Laine having another season like he had, lets see.

Laine was a lot better in the playoffs than most of the season too, clearly an indicator that he has not lost his scoring touch.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I take the guy who took it 6 out of the last 7 years. Until I see it, I won’t believe he is going to regress.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Ovechkin will score 55 goals next year as Kuznetsov won't be out and dealing with post concussion coke syndrome all year. Another Rocket, anyone doubting him is braindead.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I'll say the same thing every year....until I'm right.

Ovechkin isnt the force he once was but he is still the best goal scorer in the history of hockey and has the best opportunity with more PP time than any of his competitors.
The first round of the playoffs says otherwise where he was the best player in the league. Guy was unstoppable and clearly saving himself over the final 15 or so for the postseason where he played his best hockey all year.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The first round of the playoffs says otherwise where he was the best player in the league. Guy was unstoppable and clearly saving himself over the final 15 or so for the postseason where he played his best hockey all year.

Yes we should look at a single 7 game sample and if more the last 6 years?

Ovechkin isn't a force like he was in his peak and it's not even close even if he remains the best goalscorer in the NHL right now.

I'm actually going to revise my OP and say that Ovy doesn't win the rocket next year.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Yes we should look at a single 7 game sample and if more the last 6 years?

Ovechkin isn't a force like he was in his peak and it's not even close even if he remains the best goalscorer in the NHL right now.

I'm actually going to revise my OP and say that Ovy doesn't win the rocket next year.

ovechkin does not need to be in his prime to score the most goals or play mvp caliber in a series.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The bigger question is if any of these kids will put a kungfu grip on the Rocket like Ovie did once Ovie starts regressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->