Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
images

Reactions: varank

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
You guys are talking about the Laine that had 30 goals in 82 games, right? Same guy?
Yeah the 21 year old who has 110 goals in his first three seasons. The same guy who was the Jets' best forward in the playoffs.

I'm sometimes amazed who quickly people give up on players. Just look at Ovie. He was expected to start declining like eight years ago but has won the Rocket almost every year since. His overall play has also been criticized but he got his act together and started to play defense and won the cup in. In his thirties. Laine is 21.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Ovechkin again.

Tavares, Kakko, Kane, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Mackinnon, McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kucherov and a couple others should all be in contention.

I nominate olofsson to be the surprise
20-25 goal scorer.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You guys are talking about the Laine that had 30 goals in 82 games, right? Same guy?

No they’re talking about the guy who had seven goals in his last 57 games. Eight of those 30 goals were against Jake Allen and the Canucks in two different games. Who was the other goalie he scored either four or five on in November, I forget, because then that’s nearly half his goals in those three games, lol.

I just don’t get how a guy as talented as him “offensively” can be on one of the highest scoring teams, (yes he does play with great players) hlals his goals the last 2-3 years have come on the powerplay with guys who manage over
75 pts every year seemingly like wheeler and scheifele. Yet never had a high assist total and yeah just 50 pts in a full season, if he played lower he played his way down there but usually
He’s a top six forward. Yeah...he was “hurt”, I want to know how much his agent payed for that article to be published. Everyone has aches in the NHL, if he was so hurt he didn’t need to play every game last year, especially with the jets spot essentially locked up.

Reactions: hockeeyyy

Zeke and luther

Aug 14, 2019
No they’re talking about the guy who had seven goals in his last 57 games. Eight of those 30 goals were against Jake Allen and the Canucks in two different games. Who was the other goalie he scored either four or five on in November, I forget, because then that’s nearly half his goals in those three games, lol.

I just don’t get how a guy as talented as him “offensively” can be on one of the highest scoring teams, (yes he does play with great players) hlals his goals the last 2-3 years have come on the powerplay with guys who manage over
75 pts every year seemingly like wheeler and scheifele. Yet never had a high assist total and yeah just 50 pts in a full season, if he played lower he played his way down there but usually
He’s a top six forward. Yeah...he was “hurt”, I want to know how much his agent payed for that article to be published. Everyone has aches in the NHL, if he was so hurt he didn’t need to play every game last year, especially with the jets spot essentially locked up.
Laine isn't talented offensively. There you go.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Because Ovi is one player, and the field is made up of a lot more than one player? And that field of players is younger. From a pure odds perspective, the odds that someone other than Ovi wins are better than Ovi winning. I can almost guarantee Vegas would agree with me.

But as I stated, I would still bet on Ovi because he's proven he can dominate and shows no signs of slowing down.

I agree with your logic, but he plays on a team with a solid PMD, two solid scoring lines, his health hasn't been an issue to date, his team is healthy, his team didn't play too much last year and he's always been a very driven player.

I don't think you'd make as much money betting on Ovechkin in Vegas as you suspect.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Ovechkin again.

Tavares, Kakko, Kane, Pastrnak, Gaudreau, Mackinnon, McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kucherov and a couple others should all be in contention.

I nominate olofsson to be the surprise
20-25 goal scorer.
Im super high on kakko but even i think that it is too early to say if he is of rocket material. Good on you for daring tho.

Reactions: mattihp

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovi is the favourite.
Laine is still the challenger
Everyone else is a dark horse.

I do not know why Laine would be regarded as having a higher chance than McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kane, Kucherov, or probably like 10 other players.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Ovi is more likely than any other player to win it... yet the field is more likely than Ovi.

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Yeah the 21 year old who has 110 goals in his first three seasons. The same guy who was the Jets' best forward in the playoffs.

I'm sometimes amazed who quickly people give up on players. Just look at Ovie. He was expected to start declining like eight years ago but has won the Rocket almost every year since. His overall play has also been criticized but he got his act together and started to play defense and won the cup in. In his thirties. Laine is 21.
Yeah but that was Alex Ovechkin, not Patrik Laine.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Ovi is the favourite.
Laine is still the challenger
Everyone else is a dark horse.

I think after last season things have changed a bit. Laine was the challenger, now there's many more.

Laine has to change his style significantly from last season to even be in the race.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I do not know why Laine would be regarded as having a higher chance than McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Kane, Kucherov, or probably like 10 other players.
This. How is Laine the challenger and everyone else a dark horse? McD is more of a passer than finisher (yes I know he had 40) but if he’s healthy I’d have AM as the next best odds. Still it’s hard to bet against Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->