Who wins the Rocket next year?

Who wins the Rocket

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I was going to vote Ovechkin bc why would you ever bet against him for the rocket....but then i figure this is the one year he might slow down a bit, after finally winning the cup. He might try to pace himself a bit to keep more in store come playoff time.

In contrast - I expect someone like Crosby might go all out next year after he held back a bit this past season yet still missed the cup - so I vote him. But the field is wide open.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I was going to vote Ovechkin bc why would you ever bet against him for the rocket....but then i figure this is the one year he might slow down a bit, after finally winning the cup. He might try to pace himself a bit to keep more in store come playoff time.

In contrast - I expect someone like Crosby might go all out next year after he held back a bit this past season yet still missed the cup - so I vote him. But the field is wide open.
You never know what Crosby is going to do. I feel that McDavid is similar - Matthews and Laine will likely usually outgoal him, but in any given season he could lead the league in goals given the sheer volume of chances he can accumulate for himself or for his linemates.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sooner or later laine will pass ovie. Think ovie has one more year coming off the cup high then its over

Reactions: Tulpar

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
If Laine gets more 5v5 minutes with a Decent or good Centre(not Bryan Little) for an entire season than him. I think McDavid comes down to Earth in the goal scoring department, I think Matthews will improve point totals(not Goals), Ovie will have a 2011-2012 type season(not great for him but still a really good season), Malkin will be in the race all season(barring injury), Eichel will surprise while challenging for it too as Svechnikov does the same, while the league goes back to its natural stage and less points our back to normal.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I don't find this to be true. He didn't really pace himself this year and still led the playoffs in goals while collecting 27 points. If anything hes going to have more fun and be more motivated than ever now that he's got that monkey off his back.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Always hard to bet against Ovechkin in this, but Matthews is already the best player in the NHL at scoring goals at even strength, so if he clicks with Marner on that top PP unit that could be a huge boon to his production.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Im confident betting one of Ovi, Laine, or Matthews.

Ovi if he still comes into next season ready to go and the porbable loss of Carlson on the PP is mitigated by somebody else.

Laine if the Wpg PP is dominate and/or he plays a bit more with Scheifele

Matthews if he plays with Marner more and/or his PP unit gets more opportunities/better players with JVR gone.

Reactions: Plural

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think Ovie has a down year due to the literal/figurative cup hangover. Could be a toss up between Laine/Matthews, Laine if he gets more even strength production and Matthews if he gets more from the powerplay. Also wouldn't be surprised if Tarasenko is in the mix, particularly if the Blues sign JT. Of course all of this is likely wrong and Ovie will hit 50 and win it again.

Reactions: MC2D and Gains

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Rocket, Hart,Art Ross, Lindsay,Stanley,Conn Smythe

97 will be extra motivated

Reactions: A91

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It will be a nice story if Ovie gets 8 but after that people should just get used to Matthews and Laine fighting for it.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
McDavid

He led in even strength goals and the Oilers had a historically bad PP last year that can't possibly be that bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad