Who wins the Memorial Cup?

kiable

Dec 15, 2014
Well currently Marner's the better player and has a couple of insane linemates.

Also a defenseman projected to go top 10.
London wants to give them a shot, and I believe their better.
The Patrick Marner match up will be interesting as i think London will try anf make sure Patricks line isnt out when they get Marner out there as he is probably the most capable forward he will have seen that coyld shut him and that line down... The only time during the playoffs any teams big guns have been able to produce anything is if they manage to catch Patrick off the ice and Provorov as well.. Should be fun to watch..

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
The Patrick Marner match up will be interesting as i think London will try anf make sure Patricks line isnt out when they get Marner out there as he is probably the most capable forward he will have seen that coyld shut him and that line down... The only time during the playoffs any teams big guns have been able to produce anything is if they manage to catch Patrick off the ice and Provorov as well.. Should be fun to watch..

If Dale Hunter has his way, he will match the Owen McDonald line against the Patrick line.

I expect the o-mac line to turn some heads as a premier Junior shutdown line that's a blast to watch. No one on the line projects to be anything significant in the NHL, but their crazy good with shutting down top lines, while marners line lights up their match up.

kiable

Dec 15, 2014
If Dale Hunter has his way, he will match the Owen McDonald line against the Patrick line.

I expect the o-mac line to turn some heads as a premier Junior shutdown line that's a blast to watch. No one on the line projects to be anything significant in the NHL, but their crazy good with shutting down top lines, while marners line lights up their match up.
That in there is where Brandond depth comes into play as yes the Patrick line is there best shutdown and breakout line. In my opinion a better all around line than any team in the tournement. But their other fisrt line (yes they have two) also has three top shut down and offensive players in Mcgauly, Quinnville and Duke. Then there third line. An routinly shut down top players very well too and as far as i can see would be a second line on any other team in this tounement.. Brandon also has by far the best top pairing defencemen and arguably the best top 4. Brandons weaknes is there inconsistant goatending and sometimes some very poor coaching when it comes to special teams. I still think London takes this but it wont be because they are better but i think due to goaltending... Remember the only team in this tournement that has haf to go against a team with the fire power and depth Brandon has is Red Deer and look how that ended.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
That in there is where Brandond depth comes into play as yes the Patrick line is there best shutdown and breakout line. In my opinion a better all around line than any team in the tournement. But their other fisrt line (yes they have two) also has three top shut down and offensive players in Mcgauly, Quinnville and Duke. Then there third line. An routinly shut down top players very well too and as far as i can see would be a second line on any other team in this tounement.. Brandon also has by far the best top pairing defencemen and arguably the best top 4. Brandons weaknes is there inconsistant goatending and sometimes some very poor coaching when it comes to special teams. I still think London takes this but it wont be because they are better but i think due to goaltending... Remember the only team in this tournement that has haf to go against a team with the fire power and depth Brandon has is Red Deer and look how that ended.

The funny thing is that, none of the experts on HF know enough about all the teams anyways.

But IMO your underrating teams other than Brandon and overrating Brandon.

Let's face it...every team at the mem cup has a 2nd line that would be a 1st line on 80% of chl teams.

London has to play some absolute powerhouse teams to make it to the memorial cup.

I believe Niagara, Erie and Kitchener were all chl top 10 ranked teams...and London swept each and every one of them...easily.

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
I'm looking forward to the Knights extending their Memorial Cup losing streak (currently at 4 games after going winless at home a couple of years ago). They won't even make it to the final game. :handclap:

kiable

Dec 15, 2014
The funny thing is that, none of the experts on HF know enough about all the teams anyways.

But IMO your underrating teams other than Brandon and overrating Brandon.

Let's face it...every team at the mem cup has a 2nd line that would be a 1st line on 80% of chl teams.

London has to play some absolute powerhouse teams to make it to the memorial cup.

I believe Niagara, Erie and Kitchener were all chl top 10 ranked teams...and London swept each and every one of them...easily.
You are absoloutly correct i really dont know enough of the other teams to be able to make an absolout informed prediction. More less I was just reiterating the crazy offensive depth Brandon has but with that said I dont think there is anyone on here that would argue Brandon has the top defensive pairing in this whole tourny.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You are absoloutly correct i really dont know enough of the other teams to be able to make an absolout informed prediction. More less I was just reiterating the crazy offensive depth Brandon has but with that said I dont think there is anyone on here that would argue Brandon has the top defensive pairing in this whole tourny.

I was reading about the MEM cup on sportsnet and they said that there are more t.v time outs than normal so thats a big advantage for London because they can double shift the Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner line.
Allthough if a team can stop that line the mem cup is theirs. That line will score 3 plus goals a night no joke

an other factor is London needs to have their minds right, they walked over the best the OHL had to offer so if they go in expecting more of the same they are in for a bad tourney.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
London. The other teams just haven't seen a top line like the Knights are able to put out there. They got depth to. London takes this one forsure.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Okay, so I've been predicting London since, more or less, February or March, but I never thought they'd be steamrolling like this.

They'll defeat either the Huskies or Wheaties in the final, it will depend on who will be in better shape in the semi.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Knight's vs Wheat Kings. They have to have a bad game sometime so Wheat Kings 4-3 .For tonites game.

Last edited:

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
rl.png

lr3.png

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
I'm looking forward to the Knights extending their Memorial Cup losing streak (currently at 4 games after going winless at home a couple of years ago). They won't even make it to the final game. :handclap:

You were right ! They didn't make it to the final game, they blasted their way to the final, and then they won it in OT for more FX.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->