NBA Who wins the East?

Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Total voters

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Celtics are the favorite for sure, but I do wonder how everyone will fit and if it won't be a bit rockier than people think. Of course Stevens is a great coach so he should be handle it.

But I'll say Raptors.

There may be too many cooks in the kitchen. Just look at how the young guys did without Kyrie & Hayward, they wont be thrilled to be regulated back to bench duty.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
There may be too many cooks in the kitchen. Just look at how the young guys did without Kyrie & Hayward, they wont be thrilled to be regulated back to bench duty.

they wont be.

Tatum and Brown can play the 2. Starting 5 will be Irving, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford. With Rozier, Smart, Baynes, Morris, Williamson off the bench

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Kawhi is the 3rd best player in the league, and the only one who can effectively guard both KD & LeBron.

Kyrie is good but not near Kawhis level.

Its hard for me to still give him the 3rd best tag after not playing much last year. Especially if his injury was legit. Also he's going to be playing with a new team, coach, system. He can look like a totally different player this year. I'm taking a wait and see approach before saying he's the same player

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
who else does toronto have outside kawhi and lowry?

celtics are absolutely stacked and they will win the EC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Boston. That team won a stupid amount of games without Gordon Heyward and Kyrie for a portion of the year.

Fully healthy and in a weak East? That team could easily challenge for 60 wins.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm going to be a homer and go with the Raps. The depth will be great again, it just depends on Kawhi, but I have faith he will be back to the star we remember.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Kyrie is at worst the 10th best player in the league a guy who is 4-6th best isn’t far away better than that.
That is extremely debatable. Top 10 in backcourt for sure. Kawhi's elite defense definitely puts him at more value.
Can't rule out the Sixers. Embiid is going to tear up Eastern front courts all year.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The key word is far and away.

Kyrie is at worst the 10th best player in the league a guy who is 4-6th best isn’t far away better than that.

And as mentioned that is when he is healthy and motivated which there are reasons to believe he isn’t.
LeBron
Curry
Durant
Harden
Kawhi
AD
Westbrook
Giannis
CP3
Butler

Kyrie is not better than any of these players.

Sep 19, 2008
Don't see Raps hype. Yes they got Leonard but they dealt DeRozan. Who else is on the Raps other than Leonard and Lowry? Color me skeptical. Boston is loaded and would wreck anyone in the east assuming they are at full health. Almost unfair.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Kyrie is not better than CP3.

CP3 is still the best PG in the league.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Milwaukee would be my 3rd option ahead of Philly. Bud is going to do a lot for that team.

But it should be Boston unless Kawhi is at his very best this year...though if Ujiri could turn Lowry & Ibaka into Jimmy & Teague, I’d change my tune...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->