Series Talk: Who wins Cup?

Who wins Cup for those watching it? Sportsnet Canada numbers down again. TSN likely going up with

• Total voters

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Bolts because they're well over the cap but according to their fans it doesn't actually matter that one team can spend that much more on their roster. If all teams had to play within a salary cap, Vegas.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I think it'll be a Vegas/Isles final, at which point it'll be a toss-up.

I like the Bolts, but they've played such rope-a-dope hockey at times during the playoffs, and they really aren't getting much secondary scoring - I know that's literally how they won the cup last year (their elite guys going elite), but at some point you have to think that dries out.

It might have last year, if Dallas wasn't so banged up on the backend by game 3.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Vegas has done more in the few years they've been in the league than the leafs have done in.......... forever!?
It's kind of funny....but then very sad.

Vegas has developed a culture... built from net out... pretty much everything we haven't done.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Probably the stacked team that circumvented the cap
Leafs used it to their advantage as well.
Small market teams couldn’t take on dead cap in Horton and Clarkson to sign yet another 11 million guy that they really couldn’t afford.

Reactions: ToneDog

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
VGK just over Tampa. It's quite tough to repeat and I don't know if Vegas will be denied a 2nd time (!) in the SCF.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Want the Isles, but I believe it will be Tampa. Vegas close behind as my 2nd for who I think will win

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bolts have best goalie, best dman and arguably the best forward and best all around depth. No shame losing to this defending SC champion but lots to Bergevin and a rookie puppet coach.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bolts repeat because they are insanely skilled.
And not one single greedy player over $10M !!! Being balanced with talent and skill is way better than spending half your cap on 4 greedy forwards, and then having to fill in the remainder of your roster with over the hill, beyond their best by date players, like Joe Thornton and Jason Spezza !!!

However, even Spezza was better than our big 3 when you look at his production and cheap paycheck !!!

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and even Tavares, have not proven anything to warrant their salaries. Nothing but HUGE disappointment after playoff disappointment. As much as I hate the Habs, right now their roster pleases me a lot more than my beloved Leafs. The Habs have eliminated 2 teams from the playoffs this year in ONE WEEK !!! Our Leafs haven't eliminated a team from the playoffs in 17 f***ing years !!!

I hope Vegas wins the Stanley Cup. That would be the icing on the cake, and prove how STALE and incompetent our Leafs have been for 54 years and counting.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
And not one single greedy player over $10M !!! Being balanced with talent and skill is way better than spending half your cap on 4 greedy forwards, and then having to fill in the remainder of your roster with over the hill, beyond their best by date players, like Joe Thornton and Jason Spezza !!!

However, even Spezza was better than our big 3 when you look at his production and cheap paycheck !!!

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and even Tavares, have not proven anything to warrant their salaries. Nothing but HUGE disappointment after playoff disappointment. As much as I hate the Habs, right now their roster pleases me a lot more than my beloved Leafs. The Habs have eliminated 2 teams from the playoffs this year in ONE WEEK !!! Our Leafs haven't eliminated a team from the playoffs in 17 f***ing years !!!

I hope Vegas wins the Stanley Cup. That would be the icing on the cake, and prove how STALE and incompetent our Leafs have been for 54 years and counting.

The Leafs record since '67 speaks for itself. We do not need Vegas to prove how incompetent our management has been for 54+ years. Dubas and Shanny are the latest that will go into our Hall of Shame.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It's kind of funny....but then very sad.

Vegas has developed a culture... built from net out... pretty much everything we haven't done.
It was after years of bottom feeding to get high draft picks and patiently waiting for the youngsters to develop. It takes decades to build a contender.

Reactions: ToneDog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Isles will take it this year. Gonna be a funny upset they pull on Tampa.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
And not one single greedy player over $10M !!!

It's almost like Tampa has a built-in advantage when it comes to getting their players cheap. Oh, yeah, it's called "no income tax", which means that a $9 million salary in Tampa earns you $9 million, whereas a $9 million salary in Toronto is closer to $6-$7 million...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad