Who wins calder - binnington vs Pettersson

Who wins calder - binnington vs Pettersson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pettersson wins it but Binnington is not the runner up.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Pettersson.
Pretty easy choice this year.
I think most of the awards like the Calder, Norris and Hart are all going to be pretty easy.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pettersson

Runners up: Heiskanen and Dahlin

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Let us not pretend that only playing 31 games as a goalie is the same as only playing 31 games as a forward or on defense.

Reactions: FishManSam

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Just read Rasmus Dahlin just finished third in end to end rushes by defensemen this year with 76.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and being 18 on a team that doesent score a lot of or keep the puck out of your net very well and not give number one PP minutes (Risto) yet still hitting and making dazzling plays finishing with 9 goals and 44 points PROBABLY deserves to be in the top two over a goalie who has a very good team and went on to play 27ish games.

Petterson should win but dahlin is definitely second. Binnington was great but dahlin is flipping 18 playing d with men averaging twenty mins a night not even used to this couture this ice this schedule this speed and kept up and out produced so many regulars.

Chris pronger said no dman can really be judged totally or gets it all until their at least 25. Dahlin is like a decade ahead of most guys.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
im bias since im a goalie, but binningt0n pulled his team into the playoffs as a rookie. thats much more impressive to me.

That’s more impressive then dahlin? Come on.

And the blues on paper and on the ice have a very very good team, you’re saying ror petriangelo all them aren’t very good or didn’t play well? I mean that’s what you’re suggesting when you say things like pulled his team. Craig berube had more of an impact I’d say on the blues. Apparently insiders said he broke two walls this season and scared the blues into playing well.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Binnington deserves it. That turnaround by the Blues was remarkable. From ruins to riches. Were they not in last place?

member 147413

Binnington stabilized a bottom team and brought them into the playoffs.

What Binnington accomplished is much rarer and more impressive then a sub PPG forward with less than 30 goals.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I don't like goalies winning awards other than the Vezina. That said I believe Pettersson, to my surprise, dropped off quite a bit. Would actually vote Dahlin.

Ronnbergundy

Jun 18, 2015
Frolunda
“Binnington drags underachieving pre-season cup favourite into the playoffs”

Dahlin for me but I’m biased. Petterson will win.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
“Binnington drags underachieving pre-season cup favourite into the playoffs”

Dahlin for me but I’m biased. Petterson will win.
In what world were/are the Blues a Cup favorite?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s a fun discussion but a goalie playing 32 games won’t win.
A great rookie season but there’s no way he wins. Zero chance as history shows.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown

And the blues on paper and on the ice have a very very good team, you’re saying ror petriangelo all them aren’t very good or didn’t play well? I mean that’s what you’re suggesting when you say things like pulled his team. Craig berube had more of an impact I’d say on the blues. Apparently insiders said he broke two walls this season and scared the blues into playing well.
eichel suxxxxxx

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lol, Pettersson.

They're not giving the Calder to a kid who played 31 games. Binnington won't even be a nominee.
Binnington is not going to win the calder, it's Pettersson's quite easily.

You're profoundly mistaken if you don't think Binnington will be a nominee.

Lmao wtf are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad