Who wins best of 7 series? (HFOil Draft)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
small.png

Jeff Skinner - Ryan Getzlaf - Mats Zuccarello
Mathieu Perreault - Eric Staal - Jason Pomminville
Mike Cammalleri - David Backes - Ales Hemsky
Marcus Kruger - Antoine Vermette - Jared McCann

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Radko Gudas
Zach Bogosian - Jeff Petry
Matt Hunwick - Stephen Johns

Ben Bishop
Calvin Pickard

VS:

small.png

Conor Sheary - Sidney Crosby - Jonathan Marchessault
Sam Gagner - Alex Galchenyuk - Phil Kessel
Anthony Beauvillier - Zemgus Girgensons - Beau Bennett
Matt Nieto - Peter Holland - Johan Larsson

Cam Fowler - Anton Stralman
Dan Hamhuis - Brent Seabrook
David Schlemko - Mark Streit

Martin Jones
Peter Budaj

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
For me, Crosby tilts it.

Goaltending is even, defense is close.

Crosby, Kessel, Sheary, Galchenyuk, Marchessault >> Getzlaf, Skinner, Staal, Backes, Perreault

Impressive that Rangers didn't make a trade either. Drafted a really good team around Crosby.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Getzlaf/Staal/Backes/Vermette >>> Crosby/Galchenyuk/Girgensons/Holland

Sheary was benched in the playoffs. Gagner-Galchenyuk-Kessel line would get exposed defensively. Ducks bottom 6 > Rangers bottom 6. Defense is close but the Hamhuis-Seabrook pairing is old and slow.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Depth can be huge, and even though I prefer New York's defense, they're a 2 line team. Anaheim has 4 good lines up front. Anaheim also has the goaltending advantage

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Getzlaf/Staal/Backes/Vermette >>> Crosby/Galchenyuk/Girgensons/Holland

Sheary was benched in the playoffs. Gagner-Galchenyuk-Kessel line would get exposed defensively. Ducks bottom 6 > Rangers bottom 6. Defense is close but the Hamhuis-Seabrook pairing is old and slow.

Old and slow describes the entire Ducks team though.

Rangers should win easily here.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
NY Rangers have the better top line due to the Crosby factor, no arguments here.

Anaheim takes the second line despite the weaker pieces. Gagner as a LW and Galy being weak at C for NYR hurts this line despite them having Kessel. I like the look of a Perrault-Staal line, Pominville is a fine compliment.

Anaheim wins both third and fourth lines in spades. Backes, Vermette and Kruger are all stalwarts defensively and aces on the draw. Cammalleri and Hemsky, while admittedly past their primes, are still functional depth forwards capable of producing. NYR's bottom six is essentially six fourth liners.

NYR take the top pair despite having arguably the weaker available personnel. Gudas isn't the greatest compliment to Vlasic, who's probably the best available LHD in the league. Vlasic-Petry would've taken it for me though.

NYR take the second pair as well. Even if Bogosian wasn't on his off-hand, the Hamhuis-Seabrook pairing is solid. Though the Bogo-Petry pair likely wouldn't get too victimized.

We'll call the third pair a draw. Both have their interesting qualities, NY's more focused on offense.

Goaltending is strong for both teams so I'd call this one a draw as well. Both have strong starters. Budaj is the better backup based on last season's performance, but personally I think it was a flash in the pan. I'm also quite high on Pickard.

It was tight, but I'm giving it to Anaheim. NY had the stonger defense through and through but Anaheim's wasn't weak. The Rangers lack of depth up front is the end of them for me.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And just for ***** and giggles....

Jeff Skinner - Ryan Getzlaf - Mats Zuccarello
Mathieu Perreault - Eric Staal - David Backes
Mike Cammalleri - Antoine Vermette - Jason Pominville
Jared McCann - Marcus Kruger - Ales Hemsky

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Jeff Petry
Matt Hunwick - Radko Gudas
Zack Bogosian - Stephen Johns

Ben Bishop
Calvin Pickard

This'd be my playoff lineup. That second line would destroy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->