Who will win Vezina?

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
Am I the only that thinks Fleury, Grubauer and Varlamov should be finalists?

But I bet Vasilevskiy to win it.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
What is the argument for Vasilevsky over the other top goaltenders?

Varlamov, Fleury, Smith, Grubauer, and Saros all had great seasons for their respective teams. I would probably have Vasilevsky at #6 and there are other goaltenders that would be contending with him at that position.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I wouldn't mind Fleury or Varly get it if its not Grubs. Love them both, especially Varly. One of the most underrated players. Was god mode during that one season where he carried the Avs to the playoffs.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I feel like Fleury wins, but the runner ups you pretty much couldn’t go wrong with any combo of like Smith, Varlamov, Saros, Vasilevskiy, Grubauer, and Nedeljkovic

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Fleury gets it this year as a legacy award. Became 3rd all time in wins this season.

Niedermayer getting his Norris was a legacy award.

This wouldn't be. Fleury legitimately has a case to be viewed as the best goaltender in the league this season.

Reactions: radapex

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Should probably be Vasi Fleury and Helle in the top 3 with it being 1. Fleury 2. Vasi 3. Helle.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone else third though.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Vasilevsky

Fleury
Jarry
Hellebyuk

Grubauer plays on a team that doesn't allow enough shots or scoring chances for him to save the bacon like the other guys

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Toss up between MAF and Grubauer

I think the vote leans towards MAF though. 3rd all time in wins, 3 cups; a Vezina and Jennings basically guarantees a HOF induction.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Quite confident Vasilevskiy will win easily. Has the traditional stats, the advanced stats, the wins, the rep, and the narrative of being relied on more with all the injuries to the offense. Everything GMs love for this vote. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win it handily.

Last edited:

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Nice that it's actually quite tight this year. There's several goalies that arguably deserve it, and none stands clearly above the others.

Edit: "easily" posts like the one above are just pure nonsense

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Nice that it's actually quite tight this year. There's several goalies that arguably deserve it, and none stands clearly above the others.

Edit: "easily" posts like the one above are just pure nonsense

It's really not. This is asking who will will. I would bet big money Vasilevskiy wins with a significant amount of the first place votes. That doesn't mean he's far ahead of everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad