NFL: Who will win the NFC East?

Who captures NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Eagles because they're the deepest on both sides of the ball.

Cowboys will be good too if they get Elliott back and the DL can stay healthy. I think they're screwed if he holds out into the season though.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Thought we’d revisit these threads now that everyone has played half their season (except the Cowboys as I now realize).The Cowboys and Eagles are the two best teams in this division, as predicted, but both teams have underwhelmed compared to expectations. Still, one of them will win the division. I’m predicting the Cowboys.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Thought we’d revisit these threads now that everyone has played half their season (except the Cowboys as I now realize).The Cowboys and Eagles are the two best teams in this division, as predicted, but both teams have underwhelmed compared to expectations. Still, one of them will win the division. I’m predicting the Cowboys.
Im leaning towards Philly ,but they both finish about 8-8

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Im leaning towards Philly ,but they both finish about 8-8
Philly, they need to commit to the run. Get too pass happy. Use Howard and Sanders to draw up the LB and then hit their TE and take their shots to their WR. WR have size, but need Jackson to remain healthy to be their burner to open up the intermediate routes.
On D, very surprised they were not willing to give up a 2nd to grab a CB like Harris from Denver, but who knows what the price tag was.

Philly needs to beat Dallas at home to split the season series. Then it comes down to tie breakers after that. Likely they both sweep NYG and Was, so conference record is the next tie breaker right?
Philly, losses to ATL, DET, MIN, DAL, all NFC teams and 2 wins against GB & CHI. Dallas, 3 losses to NYJ, GB, NO. 2 NFC teams.

Remaining NFC opponents for Philly are: Seattle. So, best Philly can do outside the division in the NFC is 3-3. Toughest remaining opponents are NE, SEA, DAL.
For Dallas: Min, Det, Chi, LAR so they need to win 3 of these to match the best Philly can do. Chicago is highly winnable if Trubisky is the QB. Cousins, has never delivered in a prime time slot which is what the game will be next week. Detroit, unable to close out close games this season. Rams, will need to win to make the playoffs. Toughest remaining opponents NE, MIN, LAR, PHI, BUF, DET. Dallas has the tougher schedule remaining. 3 good defenses in NE, Min, Buf.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->