Who will win the Calder this season?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Kyrou, Dahlin and Mittelstadt are my picks.

Rasmussen has a chance for Detroit. Big kid who knows who to score.

Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Pettersson, Dahlin, Svechnikov are my projected finalists.

For those saying Kotkaniemi, I really hope so, but next year. He's still so raw, let him go back to Liiga and play 1st center for Assat Pori under his father, the headcoach. He'll get spoonfed opportunities to develop and dominate. If the best drafted prospect in the world (EP) benefited from another year overseas, same should apply for Kot-kot-kot-niemi :clittle:

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Is Svechnikov really going to play a lot this year? Is he making the team? I am seriously curious.

A lot of people are forgetting Kotkaniemi.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Betting Odds from Bodog sports...

Who will win the Calder Memorial Trophy as the NHL’s Rookie of the Year?

Elias Pettersson 4/1
Rasmus Dahlin 6/1
Andrei Svechnikov 6/1
Eeli Tolvanen 13/2
Casey Mittelstadt 15/2
Miro Heiskanen 17/2
Anthony Cirelli 9/1
Ryan Donato 10/1
Brady Tkachuk 10/1
Filip Zadina 12/1

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Elias Pettersson is my vote.
I do think Brady Tkachuk could win it or be a finalist, same with Svechnikov.
Vesalainen if he makes the Jets final roster might be an off-the-radar non-darkhorse pick.
Big Darkhorse vote is probably Nicolas Hague.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I was not aware of how good Pettersson is. He is very good. I could see 50 - 60 points and Calder.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Steel, had a super quiet preseason but I liked what he showed.

HMs: Chytil, Petterson, Svechnikov, Hintz, Heiskenen, Joseph/Volkov/Cirelli/Erne <-- Basically whichever one of the Lightning prospects stick on a scoring line.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Going to be hard for Pettersson without any support in Vancouver, especially if Horvat/Boeser are kept together.

He may not be on that line but that could help with matchups, he will more than likely play on the 2nd line. He will however be on PP1 and get a ton of chances playing with Brock and co on that unit - I expect him to put up lots of points on the PP.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I was really hoping for a battle between Petterson and bellows for it but for some reason bellows didn’t make it even though there is no time table for Ladd and h was the isles best winger in the preseason

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Elias Pettersson is my vote.
I do think Brady Tkachuk could win it or be a finalist, same with Svechnikov.
Vesalainen if he makes the Jets final roster might be an off-the-radar non-darkhorse pick.
Big Darkhorse vote is probably Nicolas Hague.
Hague was sent down to the AHL. You expect him to be called up and be productive?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Not eligible by 3 games. But if he gets the Ice Time, I've really liked what I've seen from Neal Pionk

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I think due to it being really hard to win as a dman the odds are against Dahlin, but he's very special non the less. I don't know this year's crop well enough tho so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad