Who will win the Calder this season?

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Pettersson plays for the Canucks and will most likely have pretty mediocre wingers. I'd go for Vilardi. If he can stick and play in the top-6, there's a lot of talent to go around. He could put up a Barzal-lite season. Otherwise, Svechnikov is a big candidate. He's going to get every opportunity out there.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Pettersson has been pretty impressive

I know it’s not always the greatest indicator but using the preseason Dahlin could use some more seasoning before being thrown into the NHL

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Kotkaniemi.
He's already Montreal's best C, so i expect him to play around 16-17 minutes with PP time.
In these circumstances and with that talent, he could end up in the discussion for the calder.

Him and Tage Thompson have both impressed me so far.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pettersson for me he will get every chance especially on the PP. Dahlen I just think needs a year as Dman have a big adjustment compared to forwards moving to the NHL.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Ill give Kotkaniemi a vote he impressed me in the preseason game last night, if not him Heiskanen

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
After the draft, I would have said Dahlin but after see him, he's as advertised but I think he'll need a year in the league to start hitting his stride.
Right now for me it's Petterson or Kotkaniemi if they make their respective teams. They're going to be spoon-fed opportunities.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Evan Bouchard could be a dark horse candidate to be honest. He'll see most of his ice time with McDavid and will have oppurtunities on the powerplay as well. If he does manage to stick around for the entire season (which is looking likely unless he has a really bad first 9 games) he could rack up a lot of points

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
It's Pettersson's to lose, but Kotkaniemi is very impressive. Svechnikov will get a ton of minutes and will probably be in contention as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad