NCAA: Who will win the Big Ten? ((22) Northwestern Wildcats vs East winner)

Big 10

• Illinois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Gut says Ohio State but now that I've looked at Penn State's schedule I really wouldn't be surprised if they take the conference either.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But no Barkley. That offense truly slowed down the 2nd half.

Not really.

Michigan - 6 TD’s; 1 TO; 506 yards
Ohio State - 4 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 283 yards
Michigan State - 3 TD’s; 3 TO’s; 466 yards
Rutgers - 5 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 304 yards
Nebraska - 8 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 609 yards
Maryland - 9 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 534 yards
Washington - 5 TD’s; 3 TO’s; 545 yards

They won’t have Barkley but they still should be a top ten offense again next year. Their OL for the first time in years should be a legitimate strength with everybody one of their starters being at least three years into the program. No more first & second year players starting by default like the previous years. McSorley is a fifth year senior & should be on of the better QB’s in the country as well as the Big Ten. As for weapons at the skill position they still have Juwan Johnson, Miles Sanders, Deandre Thompkins, & a bunch of talented underclassman. Franklin & his staff recruited & developed the skills positions at a pretty good level recently. It’s pretty much why they’ve turned it around.

I don’t know if they win the Big Ten or not but they should continue to be in the conversation & their offense should be a big reason why.

Reactions: pdogfizzle

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
No Barkley but McSorley is the engine on offense. He's an ideal fit in that scheme. He's like a poor man's Manziel without the off field crap.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They wont win at Michigan.
Not sure why anyone would be so confident in Michigan. Playing in Ann Arbor isn't exactly the tall task that it used to be either.

Penn State gets Ohio State and Wisconsin in Happy Valley, while Ohio State misses Wisconsin. That could end up being the difference somehow. Doubt Michigan comes into play unless Patterson turns out to be their savior.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not really.

Michigan - 6 TD’s; 1 TO; 506 yards
Ohio State - 4 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 283 yards
Michigan State - 3 TD’s; 3 TO’s; 466 yards
Rutgers - 5 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 304 yards
Nebraska - 8 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 609 yards
Maryland - 9 TD’s; 0 TO’s; 534 yards
Washington - 5 TD’s; 3 TO’s; 545 yards

They won’t have Barkley but they still should be a top ten offense again next year. Their OL for the first time in years should be a legitimate strength with everybody one of their starters being at least three years into the program. No more first & second year players starting by default like the previous years. McSorley is a fifth year senior & should be on of the better QB’s in the country as well as the Big Ten. As for weapons at the skill position they still have Juwan Johnson, Miles Sanders, Deandre Thompkins, & a bunch of talented underclassman. Franklin & his staff recruited & developed the skills positions at a pretty good level recently. It’s pretty much why they’ve turned it around.

I don’t know if they win the Big Ten or not but they should continue to be in the conversation & their offense should be a big reason why.

The Ohio State game they had one drive all game. The other scores they started in plus territory and the kickoff return. They may have scored some points but even against Rutgers they werent moving the ball easily. Barkley kind of slowed down from scrimmage. In the biggest game he couldnt do much. I know youll say he had 2 touchdowns but he was shut down fairly well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Ohio State game they had one drive all game. The other scores they started in plus territory and the kickoff return. They may have scored some points but even against Rutgers they werent moving the ball easily. Barkley kind of slowed down from scrimmage. In the biggest game he couldnt do much. I know youll say he had 2 touchdowns but he was shut down fairly well.

I wasn’t accounting for kickoff returns in those numbers. Those are all numbers by the offense.

Those are two games. They still put up 4 & 5 touchdowns & didn’t turn it over in those games. The Iowa game was one of most yards they put all year & they didn’t score much & turned it over that game so who really cares about moving the ball at that point if you’re doing nothing with it.

So now you’re moving it to Barkley slowed down in the second half & not the team? Barkley wasn’t the whole offense.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I wasn’t accounting for kickoff returns in those numbers. Those are all numbers by the offense.

Those are two games. They still put up 4 & 5 touchdowns & didn’t turn it over in those games. The Iowa game was one of most yards they put all year & they didn’t score much & turned it over that game so who really cares about moving the ball at that point if you’re doing nothing with it.

So now you’re moving it to Barkley slowed down in the second half & not the team? Barkley wasn’t the whole offense.

Big part of it. The team still slowed down. In the biggest game of the year they really couldnt move the football. Every touchdown drive but the kickoff return and last of the game they had short fields. 283 yards is not a lot. If anything Ohio State kept them in it by making mistakes.

They had more talent around the QB last year. They are not a threat for anything for me. QB or not, easy schedule or not. Not saying I buy into Patterson eventhough hes hyped I still would say theres 3 teams better than them. Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin. Ohio State still has Barrett and the game at Michigan I suspect will be tougher than the game at home last season. 2 losses isnt bad but I sincerely doubt its enough.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Big part of it. The team still slowed down. In the biggest game of the year they really couldnt move the football. Every touchdown drive but the kickoff return and last of the game they had short fields. 283 yards is not a lot. If anything Ohio State kept them in it by making mistakes.

They had more talent around the QB last year. They are not a threat for anything for me. QB or not, easy schedule or not. Not saying I buy into Patterson eventhough hes hyped I still would say theres 3 teams better than them. Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin. Ohio State still has Barrett and the game at Michigan I suspect will be tougher than the game at home last season. 2 losses isnt bad but I sincerely doubt its enough.

You’re talking about one game/one player & framing it as a whole second half/team when the numbers I provided prove what you’re saying is wrong. You keep jumping all over the place & providing nothing that aligns with reality. The fact that you think JT Barrett still plays at Ohio State further shows you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Anyway I’m done with this argument about last year. I’d pick Ohio State to win the conference but not with a lot of confidence. Michigan I have to see it to believe at this point. They’re overhyped every offseason.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i like that psu gets osu at home this year and i think it could decide the east. wouldnt be surprised if both psu and osu finished the year with 1 conf loss before a champ game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad