WHO will win the Art Ross (most points in regular season)

WHO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Another angle to look at. For each of their last 25 games, both Mackinnon and McDavid have 46pts (1.84ppg) and Kucherov 43pts (1.72ppg).

If both McDavid and Kucherov score 2.00ppg over their remaining 21 and 18 games (which seems somewhat unlikely based on last 25 games), they both finish with 142pts. For MacKinnon to match that, he’d need to pace at 1.82ppf over his remaining 17 games.

Again, seems like MacKinnon has the edge here, but still too many games to go, anything can happen, including missed games. I think it’s safe to say a 4th guy (Pastrnak) is out of the running.

Reactions: authentic

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
McDavid could easily put up 13-14 points in the 4 games in hand he has and looks to have a much easier remaining schedule to boot.

McDavid Schedule 21 games remaining
9 games against bottom feeders

BUF X2
MTL
SJ
ARI X2
ANA
OTT
CLB

MacKinnon Schedule 17 games remaining
Only 3 games against bottom feeders

CLB X2
MTL

MacKinnon needs to stay burning hot until the end of the season to win.

Reactions: authentic

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
McDavid could easily put up 13-14 points in the 4 games in hand he has and looks to have a much easier remaining schedule to boot.

McDavid Schedule 21 games remaining
9 games against bottom feeders

BUF X2
MTL
SJ
ARI X2
ANA
OTT
CLB

MacKinnon Schedule 17 games remaining
Only 3 games against bottom feeders

CLB X2
MTL

McDavid also destroys the Penguins who the Oilers play tomorrow.

In 5 games against them since 2021-2022, he has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points and is +13.

Bottom feeders, no bottom feeders, McDavid is the best and most consistent point collector since Gretzky and Lemieux and has more than earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Reactions: WalterLundy

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
McDavid also destroys the Penguins who the Oilers play tomorrow.

In 5 games against them since 2021-2022, he has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points and is +13.

Bottom feeders, no bottom feeders, McDavid is the best and most consistent point collector since Gretzky and Lemieux and has more than earned the benefit of the doubt here.
The Penguins also got weaker post-TDL.
Bottom feeders will definitely be a factor especially down the stretch when most of these teams have sold off some of their only good players and are in hardcore tank/mail it in mode.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Pretty sure at the time it was a 9 pt lead with 3 games in hand, after last night I think it’s an 11 pt lead with 4 games in hand. 11pts in 4 games seems like a lot but he doesn’t have to cover it all in 4 games….that would assume they both put up the same pts over the other 17 games.

That said, MacK would seem like the favourite, just pointing out that it’s not quite as difficult as say 11pts ahead when Mack has 1 game left and McDavid 5.
Also goals tie breaker. Its actually a 12 point lead

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Atm MacKinnon with 109, Kucherov 105, McDavid 99

MacKinnon with 18 games left, Kucherov 19, McDavid 22
Atm MacKinnon with 127, Kucherov 127, McDavid 126

MacKinnon with 7 games left, Kucherov 8, McDavid 9

What a race

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
At this point it’s basically “who is most likely to get the most points over 7-9 games” and that will always be McDavid.

gimzo23

Jan 5, 2006
Kucherov and it won't be too close. McDavid is pretty much out of it. He would also have to score at least 1 point more than the other two to win it. McDavid and MacKinnon both might also rest the last game or two when the Ross seems out of reach.

Reactions: M2Beezy

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov and it won't be too close. McDavid is pretty much out of it. He would also have to score at least 1 point more than the other two to win it. McDavid and MacKinnon both might also rest the last game or two when the Ross seems out of reach.
All three of these guys are capable of scoring in chunks. Probably won't be decided until the last week of the season.

Reactions: Wrath

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It will be interesting to see how these guys are deployed in the last few games. Will they go all out for the Art Ross or be rested somewhat for the playoffs. If I’m the Oilers, I’d cut back McDavids minutes near the end to be rested for the playoffs. I’d do the same for the other two guys.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
5 points now with only 1 game in hand

2 games in hand after this one finishes

It will be interesting to see how these guys are deployed in the last few games. Will they go all out for the Art Ross or be rested somewhat for the playoffs. If I’m the Oilers, I’d cut back McDavids minutes near the end to be rested for the playoffs. I’d do the same for the other two guys.

At the same time all of their teams still have the chance to finish either win their divisions (EDM and COL) or move out of the wild card (TB). Will be interesting how much the teams care about moving up as well

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

The guy who made up a 22 and 20 point gap in just 28 games to take the scoring lead at 125 points on two players averaging 1.60 and 1.83 PPG during that same time frame is clearly not out of it until the dust settles on the final game of the season and he’s not at the top.

He also has two games in hand on both players. With playoff positioning still up in the air, there’s little reason to assume anyone is sitting at this moment in time.

Reactions: WalterLundy

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
2 games in hand after this one finishes

At the same time all of their teams still have the chance to finish either win their divisions (EDM and COL) or move out of the wild card (TB). Will be interesting how much the teams care about moving up as well
My mistake 8 points..

The guy who made up a 22 and 20 point gap in just 28 games to take the scoring lead at 125 points on two players averaging 1.60 and 1.83 PPG during that same time frame is clearly not out of it until the dust settles on the final game of the season and he’s not at the top.

He also has two games in hand on both players. With playoff positioning still up in the air, there’s little reason to assume anyone is sitting at this moment in time.
Or the guy whos held the lead for 120 days of the season may hold the advantage over the guy whos held a tie for 1 hour. Going into the final 2 weeks with an 8 point lead

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
My mistake 8 points..

Or the guy whos held the lead for 120 days of the season may hold the advantage over the guy whos held a tie for 1 hour. Going into the final 2 weeks with an 8 point lead

IMG_1188.gif

Reactions: Regal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad