NFL: Who will win the AFC West?

Who will win AFC West?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Chargers.

Chiefs take a small step back after the team realizes "oh **** we actually can't just rely on Mahomes to throw 76 TDs a year and need to pull our own weight*

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chargers.

Chiefs take a small step back after the team realizes "oh **** we actually can't just rely on Mahomes to throw 76 TDs a year and need to pull our own weight*
LAC already without James until December. Gordon still holding out. Okung out too at LT.

Always seem to be injured in some way.

KC, see if they were able to replace Hunt. And did they actually improve the D with their scheme change under the new DC?

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's still the Chiefs (although that defense is really concerning) The Chargers will obviously miss Derwin and to a lesser extent Gordon but that O-line without Okung is scary bad. Their starting tackles are a second year UDFA and a third year 6th round pick. Neither of whom have shown any ability to play tackle at this level.
They had two of the lowest graded guards last season returning, I think Lamp eventually wins one of the spots but he's still a virtual unknown.

Rivers can only make up for so much

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's the Chiefs division to lose. I think the Chargers could've challenged them for the division title but they just have too many injuries once again.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Thought we’d revisit these threads now that everyone has played half their season. KC has taken a step back with the Mahomes injury, but they’re still the best team and should win the division easily. The Chargers have massively underwhelmed

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
My Raiders pick not looking so bad :laugh:

They are only a game out and got a nice schedule coming up.

If they can beat KC in their next meeting, things could get interesting.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders, at this point at 5-4 with the Bengals and Jets the next 2 weeks can get to 7-4. I doubt they win the division but anything is possible. Still have games against KC, Den, LAC, TEN, JAX, CIN, NYJ left. Most difficult will be in KC. They need to go at least 5-2 to make the playoffs.

Competition for the Raiders for the WC are Buffalo who is 6-2 and one of Indy/Hou in the South who are 5-3 and 6-3 respectively. If you are the Raiders, with a head to head loss to Houston, you want them to win the division so that you own the tie break with Indy.

Raiders go the win on TNF, but left points on the board. Carr could had room to run for a 1st down on the opening drive of the 2nd half on 3rd and 2 from inside the 5, but opted for a pass with a tonne of open space on his left available. Not converting on 3rd and short and forced to attempt a 53 yard FG which they missed. Their defence won them that game. They net gave up 13 points with their pick 6 factored. So Carr led them to just 19 points and was gift 2 turnovers in great field position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->