Who will win gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Who will win World Cup?

Hey, I wanted to run a series of polls to see who the majority believes can win. Explain why you think they'll do well also.

NOTE:try not be biased towards your home-country.

Last edited:

Vic Rattlehead*

What it comes down to is goaltending and defence, and I believe that Canada has the edge on all teams, so I pick Canada.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
You mean who will win the Cup? There's no 3rd nor 2nd place at the World Cup right? Therefore there's no medal.

Anway on paper, Canada should win.

Last edited:

Kerberos*

Canada is the best hockey team in the world bar none. They will win it all. No contest.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
This poll should end up 90% Canada to reflect the fact that Canada has a roughly 53% (no more, no less) chance of winning the Cup.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Canada. Unlike the other sides, they don't seem to have any glaring weakness other than the fact they may not have chosen the best players they had available.

All of the other sides appear to have significant questions marks, especially in goal. If Sweden can get the goaltending they will be tough. The Russians will also be tough if they get their crap together.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Canuck21t said:
You mean who will win the Cup? There's no 3rd, 2nd nor 1st place at the World Cup right? Therefore there's no Gold medal.

Anway on paper, Canada should win.
Oh my bad-used to refering world hockey to gold,silver and bronze.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
nurminen31 said:
Oh my bad-used to refering world hockey to gold,silver and bronze.
Well what I wrote was wrong too. Of course there's a 1st place. What was I thinking? :shakehead This is the tournament where the all-or-nothing mentality apply to all.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Canuck21t said:
Well what I wrote was wrong too. Of course there's a 1st place. What was I thinking? :shakehead This is the tournament where the all-or-nothing mentality apply to all.

The World Cup of soccer has 1st 2nd and 3rd places with there being a bronze medal game.

n00dles

Dec 13, 2003
Germany
Visit site
Canada - They have it all.
With these awesome players on every position, a focus on team chemistry and their recent success they should be able to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad