• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Attractive? The flashiest hockey has been played by the US team with Kessel, Schremp, Bourque, Wheeler, Ryan, Oshie and Mueller by default. The Canadian's aren't nearly as offensively gifted as they were in the 2005 WJC's, but play a stubborn "Sutter" defensive system. If that's what mean by "attractive" then yeah, they are the "Aria Giovanni's" of U20 hockey.
Yeah, that 2-1 "shootout" versus the Czechs had me on pins and needles with excitement!
:sarcasm:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Maybe the Finns got a real boost from the Sweden game and maybe Rask will save the day and maybe the Finns will get a few lucky bounces and score some goals again and maybe they have learned something since the first game and maybe their defense won't suck so much this time and maybe they play better when they're tired. Who knows...

I think Canada will win this one... Canada is the one team Finland can never really beat, but I still hope (and voted) for Finland to win this one.

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
naihlflames said:
Voted Finland just to get a few Canadians upset. :sarcasm:

Go RASK Go !!!

Tukonen scores in a 1-0 win. :clap:

god... I'm so upset :madfire:

Canada 3-1

(Chipchura, Downie, Pouliot) et For the Finns (Korpikoski)

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Crash the net with the grinders ....

If we play tough with the grind line and wear them down early I think we will see a big game from our vets.... the Chipchura, Bolland and Cogliano line will be great!

espo*

Matt MacInnis said:
I think it's fairly clear that Canada is the better team, but the reality of the matter is that Finland can win any game when Tuukka Rask is playing well. I wouldn't be compeltely shocked if Finland pulled it off.
me either but if Canada brings it's "A' game...............the Lions should go down.

espo*

Rush5Collapse5 said:
Attractive? The flashiest hockey has been played by the US team with Kessel, Schremp, Bourque, Wheeler, Ryan, Oshie and Mueller by default. The Canadian's aren't nearly as offensively gifted as they were in the 2005 WJC's, but play a stubborn "Sutter" defensive system. If that's what mean by "attractive" then yeah, they are the "Aria Giovanni's" of U20 hockey.
Have you watched their games at all? they have'nt played any prettier or more effective hockey then several teams here despite their star power.

You're way too much of a homer.Be reasonable.False Bragging won't help them one bit.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
It's Canada's game to lose. That said, Rask could pull it off. It all comes down to the physical play, and the refereeing. If Canada is getting called for all of their hits, we're screwed, but if we get one of the refs who is happy to let a hit go, we'll be in good shape. I just hope there's no cheap ****.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Stop with the insanity.

Rask cant stop this team.

There are 2 things that could happen.

1) Close game because of a bad show up by Canada. If it was to be the case, you wont heard after the game how Finland play the best game of their tournament and found a way to keep the score down (win or lost) but you will heard how Canada had an absolute no-show.

2) 3+ goals difference with a Canada win.
________

It think 2 is more probable. This team is well rested. I usually HATE to underestimated the opponent but i actually cant said anything other this time around than: "This should be one of the easiest semi-final in a long time for Canada Junior team".
Edit: I might be underestimating Finland, but this year they have not impressed me at all. Rask, Tukonen and another one (which the name is flipping in the air close to my head right now... doh) have been the only bright spots of this team. They arent physicals, they arent fast in the defensive zone, they arent recovering the free pucks fast either, in brief they havent a lot of good points against a good checking and pressuring offensive team, which Canada is.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Rush5Collapse5 said:
Flashy doesn't necesarilly mean "atractive". I'm a bigger fan of watching some kids with big hearts crashing and banging and throwing their bodies in front of pucks than I am of watching some hot-shots tic-tac-toe in the neutral zone..... all the way to tying the Swiss. And then there was that INCREDIBLY entertaining game against the Czechs last night. :shakehead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->