Who will win: Canada vs. Finland

• Thread starter joe_shannon_1983*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinaski*

Finland. I want to see European final. Russia vs Finland.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
naihlflames said:
Voted Finland just to get a few Canadians upset. :sarcasm:

Go RASK Go !!!

Tukonen scores in a 1-0 win. :clap:

If Rask plays well, then who knows, look at the games tonight!

When she comes down to one game, we all know, anything can happen!

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
rask might stop the canadians....but the canadians will still win

as much as i'd like Suomi, it aint happening

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Despite the fact that Canada plays the most attractive hockey, I'm rooting for my neighbours in this one.

But I don't think they stand a chance. It will be a CAN - RUS final.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Canada, because their forwards will actually crash the net and Tuukka Rask's mind will EXPLODE.

And then they will get called for goaltender interference and Pierre Mcguires head will EXPLODE

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think it's fairly clear that Canada is the better team, but the reality of the matter is that Finland can win any game when Tuukka Rask is playing well. I wouldn't be compeltely shocked if Finland pulled it off.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Metallian said:
And then they will get called for goaltender interference and Pierre Mcguires head will EXPLODE

Outstanding. :D

I think Canada wins this but in a much closer game than the opening one of the tournament.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This will all come down to which Leaf prospect goalie plays better in this game.

Either way one will be playing for a Gold medal .. The other the Bronze after its over ..

Geese_Howard*

I think canada will win cause I think finland will run out of gas, playing today, for 60+ mins and rask getting 50+ shots, as a leafs fan one of the big knocks on rask was his lack of stamina, it will be put to the test, the way sutter coaches, he is going to make sure the fins are hit hard.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
Riddarn said:
Despite the fact that Canada plays the most attractive hockey, I'm rooting for my neighbours in this one.

Attractive? The flashiest hockey has been played by the US team with Kessel, Schremp, Bourque, Wheeler, Ryan, Oshie and Mueller by default. The Canadian's aren't nearly as offensively gifted as they were in the 2005 WJC's, but play a stubborn "Sutter" defensive system. If that's what mean by "attractive" then yeah, they are the "Aria Giovanni's" of U20 hockey.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
If Finland plays like against Sweden and will win, it will be a sad day for hockey. But it wont happen.

3-0 Canada

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Canada is well rested, Finland is tired. Canada is much more physical than sweden, so they will get better scoring chances closer to the goal. And Canada is simply better.

They will win, even if Rask plays amazing. Finnish D won't be able to contain these guys and keep them in the corners as well as they did with sweden. And we have zero offense, because our D can't start plays from their own end, and can't back up the offense.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I don't think it'd going to be a nail biter either. I think Canada will score early and control the game. The Finns are tired and to be honest, they are a lot softer than I expected. You just know that Canada will be playing a very physical game with an intense forecheck that the Finns certainly didn't see against the Swedes.

All the signs I see point to Canada winning by three or more.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Rask stays with 86 saves for 1 goal on his last two games vs Switzerland and Sweden. For the Americans: no, it's not the same countrys!! :teach:

Perhaps, he can one more time make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->