Who will win a Norris Trophy moving forward? Old and Young Defensemen

Who will win a Norris Trophy moving forward? (ignore past wins)

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
So as of today moving forward - who do you think wins at least 1 Norris trophy in the future?

Gonna throw a bunch of names - both old and new generation. Keep in mind only 1 Norris Trophy per year - so even if you feel most of them can win - if 1 or 2 guys win 3-4 each, you run out of years for many others to win.

So - who wins a Norris trophy? Vote for all players you predict to win.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Karlsson has another couple in him especially since he was robbed of a few early on make up ones should happen in his case.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I feel bad for not choosing Heiskanen because he's f***ing terrific, but with how much offensive production is valued, I feel like other dmen will always have him beat. I hope I'm wrong though.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I feel bad for not choosing Heiskanen because he's f***ing terrific, but with how much offensive production is valued, I feel like other dmen will always have him beat. I hope I'm wrong though.
he proved in the playoffs that he can produce offensively.... question is whether Bowness will be more O or D system minded with this Stars team. And even then, he wont be their coach forever.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Karlsson has another couple in him especially since he was robbed of a few early on make up ones should happen in his case.
a couple Norrises?? unless the Sharks somehow rebound to be a playoff team soon I dont think theres much hope for him.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
he proved in the playoffs that he can produce offensively.... question is whether Bowness will be more O or D system minded with this Stars team. And even then, he wont be their coach forever.

Yeah I was looking through his stats. He was on pace for over 40 points and that's in Dallas' defense first system.

Reactions: amnesiac

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

I agree there was a couple of super close calls where he maybe could have won - but I don't know that the hockey world or voters have ever expressed the sense of "he got robbed/owing him one" - so I'm not sure that ever comes into play.

I agree he has at least 1 left in him I think. But I do think being offensively minded - his skillset will age a lot worst than Hedman for example - so he'd need to win one very soon. Lidstrom won a Norris at 40 - Karlsson definitely won't be doing that. I could see Hedman win one in his late 30s perhaps - but odds are for Karlsson he'd have to do it in the next ~3 years or so.

I didn't think Heiskanen was as offensively prolific either but this past playoffs he was insane, especially through 2-3 rounds. Will have to wait and see if he can ever channel that level of offense in the season

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I think there is a typo here. You mean he robbed doughty of a norris that karlsson didnt deserve right?

Other than points hes always been pure garbage. Setting records for goals against. Now he xant produce and hes just total garbage.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Don't think Heiskanen will ever produce enough O to win a Norris regardless if he's the better all-around and more impactful D. Same with Jones.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

Karlsson will never win an Norris again, after that blasphemy when Due took it...media is garbage and made its mind about him and will continue that narrative regardless of his play.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Karlsson will never win an Norris again, after that blasphemy when Due took it...media is garbage and made its mind about him and will continue that narrative regardless of his play.
I love the crying... especially over a dman that was gifted a notris he didnt deserve

He will never win another notris because he's trash.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017

Karlsson isn't half the player he used to be.

And on the abysmal SJ Sharks he will have no help either.

Boy, that was a horrible trade for both parties.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Jones and Heiskanen for the younger guy.
Hedman and Josi for the vets.
My HM would be Dahlin.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Unbiasedly:

Hedman
Jones
Josi
Hughes (5)
Makar
Heiskanen
Dahlin

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Karlsson isn't half the player he used to be.

And on the abysmal SJ Sharks he will have no help either.

Boy, that was a horrible trade for both parties.
I always love to hear "neutral" fans rag on Karlsson, while Sharks (and Sens) fans have nothing but good to say about the guy. When healthy on the Sharks, Karlsson has performed like the best d-man in the world. It's a small sample size, but even injured Karlsson is still outstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->