Calgary Flames -Sami Lepisto Defenseman

Vancouver Canucks -Kyle Chipchura Forward

Edmonton Oilers -Boris Valabik Defensman

Ottawa Senators -Kyle Wharton Defensman

Who will those teams draft ?

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Vancouver Canucks -Kyle Chipchura Forward

Kyle is looking more and more like a propect the Canucks already drafted (Kesler) .

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

thestonedkoala

1. Los Angeles Kings- Drew Stafford, Alexander Radulov, Marek Schwarz, Al Montoya, Wojtek Wolski (might move down to nab him), Kyle Chipchura (move down to grab him), Robbie Schremp (move up or stay if he drops)...

2. Columbus Blue Jackets- Cam Barker, AJ Thelen (move down), Andrew Ladd, Mike Green (move down), Andrej Meszaros (move down), Ladislav Smid (move down), Lauri Tukonen, Robbie Schremp, Rostislav Olesz

3. Calgary Flames- Boris Valabik, Lauri Korpikoski, Wes O'Neill, Roman Voloshenko, Enver Linsin

4. Vancouver Canucks- Kirill Lyamin, Wes O'Neill, Mike Green, Corey Schneider, Devan Dubnyk

5. Edmonton Oilers- Al Montoya...well the BAP...

6. Ottawa Senators- Roman Voloshenko, a character forward, or a big defenseman

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
3. Calgary Flames- Boris Valabik, Lauri Korpikoski, Wes O'Neill, Roman Voloshenko, Enver Linsin

I'd be shocked if Calgary grabs Voloshenko or Lisin. Remember, this is a Darryl Sutter team and I wouldn't characterize those guys as Sutter players. Unless he feels that he can mould them into his type of guys, I wouldn't count on them becoming Flames

Valabik would be somebody Sutter would probably look at. Sutter has made it known that he has no problem stockpiling d-men.

Although I'm pretty convinced Calgary's pick is going to be Korpikoski, Bolland or Nokelainen. They all are two-way forwards who have some scoring ability and and can be effective on the forecheck.

I wouldn't rule out Bruce Graham from a Calgary perspective. The center position is pretty thin in terms of prospects, and a big 6'6 center is a definite need. #19 might be a bit of a stretch though.

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
OMA said:
I'd be shocked if Calgary grabs Voloshenko or Lisin. Remember, this is a Darryl Sutter team and I wouldn't characterize those guys as Sutter players. Unless he feels that he can mould them into his type of guys, I wouldn't count on them becoming Flames

Valabik would be somebody Sutter would probably look at. Sutter has made it known that he has no problem stockpiling d-men.

Although I'm pretty convinced Calgary's pick is going to be Korpikoski, Bolland or Nokelainen. They all are two-way forwards who have some scoring ability and and can be effective on the forecheck.

I wouldn't rule out Bruce Graham from a Calgary perspective. The center position is pretty thin in terms of prospects, and a big 6'6 center is a definite need. #19 might be a bit of a stretch though.
Graham seems like the kind of guy who could climb on draft day, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flames grabbed him, or perhaps traded a d-man in a package to get a pick to select him with?

I would really like Valabik in Calgary, though it seems like overkill, you can't have too many good D-men prospects.

I think they'll pick Korpikoski, but Nokelainen will be right there as well I think. I doubt they'll go with Bolland myself.

I'm sure Chipchura will somehow end up in Nashville. Thats just too perfect a match.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
The guys that strike me most as Flames picks are Korpikoski, Bolland and Mike Green. Honorable mentions to Valabik and Nokelainen. There's other guys I think we would take if they fell but those are the most likely to be around IMO. Korpikoski in particular sounds like a dream Sutter player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->