Who will the Leafs be taking in 2011 draft (25-40)?

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
I want to see big forwards coming in.

At least one of McNeill, Jensen, Ambroz, Scheifele, Lessio, Rakell or Jenner should fall to our earliest pick, and a guy like Biggs or Jacobs should fall to our latest one, although I wouldn't mind taking a defenseman if we're able to select a quality powerforward with our first - a guy like Klefbom, Percy, Brodin, Clendening, Morrow, etc..

arsmaster*

Who cares? its not like their picks matter more than 29 other teams'.

I think this thread in general should probably be on the Maple Leafs board.....you dont have Flyers or insert any other late 1st round teams fans coming on here saying who should be draft in the 1st round.

For the most part no one cares!

Why am I posting in this thread then?

Because its the hot topic of the night and I'm extremely board.

I'll say it again....keep your leafs chat in your leafs forum, then you wont have to argue your opinions soo much with people who generally hate the team you cheer for.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Daniel Catenacci, he has all the tools to be a solid two way 2nd line center. His work ethic and passion for the game is there. He will be a sure NHL player for sure in my oppinion.

OMGaudreau

Jun 19, 2006
Ask Don Cherry, he know's everything there is to know about the shrimpin business - I mean scouting business.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Oleksiak, Jurco are my top ones. Id be pleased with jacobs, biggs, miller, ambroz. IMO if burke takes a defenceman, it will be one with huge potential (oleksiak), or hes taking two forwards. As much as we need powerforwards i hope he can get jurco. too much skill to pass on

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
insert leaf comments about overrating draftpicks during 09/10 season
here ______________________

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Notice those picks were top 3?

What about 2000? Nathan Smith....need I say more

2001....Umberger not a bad pick, but Burke is so stubborn he wouldnt sign him and traded him for Marty Rucinsky. Ouch.

2002....traded it....cant remember for what, but it didnt turn out well.

It's okay to like your team, but to suggest Brian Burke is good at drafting is incorrect.

Funny how you stopped at 2002. Why is that? Might be because he drafted Ryan Kesler the following year.

Burke was the GM when you're team drafted it's current top 3 scorers. It's amusing that some Vancouver fans give him no credit for their team.

Lier X Agerate

Avs and Wolves
Oct 7, 2008
From the few games I've seen of him, Puempel hasn't looked too good. That and Sgarbossa destroyed him and injured him the other day doesn't help. Catenacci just makes my jaw drop when I see him out there. Just pure speed and great hands. I'd like for the Avs to somehow scoop him up if he drops a bit. Other than that, Jurco is quite good too, have only seen 2 games of him though.

bzer

Jan 31, 2009
Funny how you stopped at 2002. Why is that? Might be because he drafted Ryan Kesler the following year.

Burke was the GM when you're team drafted it's current top 3 scorers. It's amusing that some Vancouver fans give him no credit for their team.

excellent post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->