Who will the Leafs be taking in 2011 draft (25-40)?

Isles Drive 4 5

May 22, 2008
I suspect any minute now the trade proposals will be the -leafs second zamboni plus the flyers 3rd and a bag of used towels for John Tarvares....10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...lol

Pyke*

Bring on RNH!! :sarcasm:

But hey you never know he might slide a little to mid teens by the end of the season and we can always trade up.

Yeah that normally doesn't happen to 17 year olds who are a couple points out of leading their league in scoring and averaging 3 pts a game over the past 10.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
A guy I can see falling to the Leafs second pick is Dmitrij Jaskin. Apparently he's very good and some scouts say that if he'd played in the WJC (was injured) that he'd probably be in the top 15 right now. I'd love for the Leafs to take a flyer on him with the second pick if he's available. Maybe Lucas Lessio, Matt Puempel or David Musil with the first.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Im no Leafs fan, but they should be trying to hit a homerun with this pick....an elite skilled forward should definately be in the cards.

Jurco, Phillips, Scheifele.....Burke will probably go with a 3rd line upside large player though.

Just like he did in 1999 and 2005.

arsmaster*

Just like he did in 1999 and 2005.

Notice those picks were top 3?

What about 2000? Nathan Smith....need I say more

2001....Umberger not a bad pick, but Burke is so stubborn he wouldnt sign him and traded him for Marty Rucinsky. Ouch.

2002....traded it....cant remember for what, but it didnt turn out well.

It's okay to like your team, but to suggest Brian Burke is good at drafting is incorrect.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Schiefele, zibanejad, rask, rakell, catenacci, jenner, prince, jurco, jaskin, etc. Any two of those and we'd have a great draft in just the first two rounds!

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Who cares? its not like their picks matter more than 29 other teams'.

LOLUMAD.jpg

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

2001....Umberger not a bad pick, but Burke is so stubborn he wouldnt sign him and traded him for Marty Rucinsky. Ouch.

It's okay to like your team, but to suggest Brian Burke is good at drafting is incorrect.

hmmm, if i know hockey, it is the scouts who technically draft the players. Sure the GM can go against what they tell him but how often does that happen.

Avery4Byng*

Whoever the Leafs draft will become in instant blue chipper with a hall of fame career ahead of this great player. Cant wait !

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Ill be the Generals Scout . lol jk.
my thoughts:
Take Lessio and Jennsen if available.
Avoid Jenner.

Lucas and Niklas have just scrapped the surface of there true potential. At the start of the year, when Nik was quietly ripping it up....i was hoping he didnt make too much waves and fall to the second. He will be a top player in the OHL next year, when he comes back for only his 2nd season.

Lucas needs more work. He has all the tools and seems like a really focused guy. To me he seems like someone who will work really hard to improve his weaknesses. And like Nik, he will likely have a breakout year next year; when he can settle into a more significant role.

Boone, he really doesnt impress me. He has been bounced around on different lines....but doesnt seems to consistently play at the level i expect of him....People say he is somewhat of a crash and bang, drive the net type of player....but i dont see it.

SAFE BET= JENNSEN. (would be great for him to learn how to use his size, speed and hands from Kulemin)
WILDCARD=LESSIO

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Im no Leafs fan, but they should be trying to hit a homerun with this pick....an elite skilled forward should definately be in the cards.

Jurco, Phillips, Scheifele.....Burke will probably go with a 3rd line upside large player though.

Rob Schremp worked out great for us.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010

To suggest that Burke is the person who was drafting is incorrect. That's the job of the scouting department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad