Who will the Detroit Red Wings draft with the 6th overall pick?

Who will Detroit draft at 6th overall on Friday night?

• Adam Boqvist

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Evan Bouchard

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Noah Dobson

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Barrett Hayton

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Quinn Hughes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Filip Zadina

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A player not listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit will trade up (for a better pick)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Detroit will trade down (for a worse pick)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Detroit will trade the pick for something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If McKenzie's list is right, (Though it probably wont be at least in order because MTL probably takes Kotka) they'd be foolish not to take Dobson.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tkachuk could be the Wright pick

giphy.gif

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
On the draft special that was on TV. Draper was talking A LOT about Bouchard and Dobson. Smokescreen or not I dont know.

Another guy art regnar(spelling) said he feels they really like someone in the top 3 and that they will jump up, but obviously Draper was quiet on that said all things are on the table yada yada yada.

I think its Bouchard but Dobson wouldnt surprise me either, unless someone drops or they trade up( dahlin svech zadina).

They only way I'll be disappointed is if its Hughes or boqvist.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Gut feeling is Tkachuk. It’s the super predictable Tyler Wright pick. If it’s Dobson I will do a backflip.
Tkachuk would be amazing value at #6 (only one scout in Bob’s recent poll had him outside the top 5).

But I think it’s Bouchard.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
On the draft special that was on TV. Draper was talking A LOT about Bouchard and Dobson. Smokescreen or not I dont know.

Another guy art regnar(spelling) said he feels they really like someone in the top 3 and that they will jump up, but obviously Draper was quiet on that said all things are on the table yada yada yada.

I think its Bouchard but Dobson wouldnt surprise me either, unless someone drops or they trade up( dahlin svech zadina).

They only way I'll be disappointed is if its Hughes or boqvist.

Why would you be disappointed with Hughes? Size? Skill? IQ? Shot?

No flame, just curious, because I would be more disappointed with Bouchard and Boqvust than Hughes or Dobson. That's not to say Bouchard or Boqvist are bad players, I would just prefer the other two.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
The Red Wings and Ken Holland are in a unique position this year. The pressure is on, more than any other draft year in Ken Holland's tenure. Because of that and the desperate need to find a top pairing d-man, that is as close to NHL ready as possible, I'm going with Bouchard. Not my favorite pick, but I wouldn't be angry if KH does make that pick. My favorite pick is Tkachuk, but I don't think he will be available and even if he were, because of the aforementioned, KH will take Bouchard.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tkachuk would be amazing value at #6 (only one scout in Bob’s recent poll had him outside the top 5).

But I think it’s Bouchard.

Yeah, he may not even make it to #6. He has been top 4 on McKenzie's list all year. I think Ottawa is the real X factor in how our pick plays out. Everyone who I respect loves the kid, so I wouldn't mind the pick.

They have been talking about Bouchard and drafting a defenseman a lot, so that could definitely happen as well. I will be a bit surprised if it is not 1 of those 2 though (Bouchard or Tkachuk).

Reactions: MikeyDee

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Voted Zadina, but in order of who I think they'll draft based on availability:

Zadina -> Dobson -> Tkachuk -> Bouchard

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Regarding Tkachuk, I guess looking at stats is a minimal factor, but what the hell is he ranked so highly for? He produced less than Dylan Larkin in the same leagues at the same age, and Larkin was picked at 15.

Larkin in the U.S. U18 team at 17. - 60GP 31G 25A
Tkachuk in the U.S. U18 team at 17. - 61GP 25G 29A

Larkin in the NCAA at 18 - 35 GP 13G 32A
Tkachuk in the NCAA at 18 - 40GP 8G 31A

I understand he plays with a serious edge... I just don't get how a guy with those stats is a consensus top 5 pick in a draft this deep.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Looks like we have change of hearts Bouchard ahead of Dobson. With ether one I will be happy .I just don't like to see us ,if we trade down, draft small defender in the first round

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Regarding Tkachuk, I guess looking at stats is a minimal factor, but what the hell is he ranked so highly for? He produced less than Dylan Larkin in the same leagues at the same age, and Larkin was picked at 15.

I understand he plays with a serious edge... I just don't get how a guy with those stats is a consensus top 5 pick in a draft this deep.
Family pedigree?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

And Larkin is a legitimate center and has a character/drive/compete level that nobody is going to exceed. I know Tkachuk will be a fine player, but he doesn't strike me as a bona fide front line winger. If I'm picking a player that I have questions about his ceiling, I would rather go for a defenseman that projects somewhere in the top 3 D than a winger that projects somewhere in the top 6 F.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think it is a 1:1 comparison to use kids with late birthdays and compare it to other kids +1 years, personally. There are some flaws with that.

Here was Blake Wheeler's stat line as a freshman at age 19
39 GP - 9 G, 14 A, 23 P

That guy was drafted top 5 as well... also went on to become an elite winger.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

You can do worse than someone who is pretty much guaranteed to be a top 6 player in the NHL.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'd like them to get Dobson but I think they'll get Bouchard, which I'd also be fine with. I think Hughes is going to be off the board before we pick (Arizona), so the choice will be between Hughes and Bouchard.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Why would you be disappointed with Hughes? Size? Skill? IQ? Shot?

No flame, just curious, because I would be more disappointed with Bouchard and Boqvust than Hughes or Dobson. That's not to say Bouchard or Boqvist are bad players, I would just prefer the other two.

For me its 2 things. 1 his size and 2nd he is a lefty. I'd prefer the right handed PP qb that bouchard and Dobson offer.

If hypothetically we traded down and got the 2 islanders picks for example then grabbed Hughes there I would be ok with it. I think where I'd rank him now.

I've been up and down on him and a few others. But I think as of right now I wouldn't have him in my top 10, same with boqvist.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Sometimes you just need to watch prospects play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad