Who will the Detroit Red Wings draft with the 6th overall pick?

Who will Detroit draft at 6th overall on Friday night?

• Adam Boqvist

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Evan Bouchard

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Noah Dobson

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Barrett Hayton

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Quinn Hughes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Oliver Wahlstrom

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Filip Zadina

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A player not listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit will trade up (for a better pick)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Detroit will trade down (for a worse pick)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Detroit will trade the pick for something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Let's get it on paper. It's not who you want them to draft, just who you think they will actually draft (or otherwise what you think they'll do with it).

Assume that not every player on this list will be available. Make your decision based on who you think will still be on the board.

Edit: whoops. Forgot Tkachuk.

Last edited:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I'd prefer Dobson, but Bouchard is just the perfect pick for them based on their love of character. Also he's an above averaged sized, right handed, offensive defenseman.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I want Hughes or Dobson but we are taking Bouchard. I won’t bitch when we do notwithstanding my preference for others

Reactions: masta8

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I want Dobson but I think we pick Bouchard... safe pick and wouldn't be upset with it either. Just don't draft a forward... haha

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Dobson
Tkachuk
Bouchard

I think Bouchard is our guy at 6. That #3 is so key though, if Kotka goes then I could see us taking Dobson or Tkachuk in that spot instead. I think Arizona will take Zadina if he's there at 5, leaving us to take Tkachuk. I don't think Ottawa wants Tkachuk.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Dobson is my first choice, but I think they've been throwing out Bouchard as a smokescreen, and will take Hughes.

Reactions: Ezekial

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
It’ll be Hughes.

Obvious smokescreen is obvious.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Detroit redeems themselves and drafts Zadina after moving up in the draft, flashback to 1990 when three scouts were pleading to take Jagr over Primeau and were told if they bring up Jagr's name again they'd be fired. True story, and a great one. I know a guy.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'm going full circle with who I really wanted them to take when initially looking at the draft pool; Boqvist. I wouldn't be shocked if they traded to #3 and got Zadina with Mtl having the intention of getting Kotkaniemi with a lower pick, then seeing him snatched away by whatever team picks right before them.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think the Bouchard smokescreen is a Hughes smokescreen and they're really drafting Dobson. But that could also be a smokescreen...

It's just smokescreens all the way down.

Down here, smokescreen is a way of life.

Obviously the environment down here is all smokescreen. The ceiling is smokescreen, the floor is smokescreen, the walls are smokescreen. And to an extent the air is smokescreen.

Reactions: Realgud

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
This is one of the more unpredictable drafts in recent history, nothing would surprise me with any picks/trades from 3-10. I’ll predict the Wings end up with either Tkachuk or, probably via trade down but you never know, Hayton.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Gut feeling is Tkachuk. It’s the super predictable Tyler Wright pick. If it’s Dobson I will do a backflip.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm going with the impression I got from Draper in the past few days. I think Dobson shot up the charts. I think the top 3, realistically, are Dobson, Bouchard, and Kotkaniemi

Christien

May 1, 2010
Bouchard will be a great player, but if we pick him I’ll be disappointed. I personally like all of the D in the top 10 besides him. If we do get him though, I’ll get over it. I just like Dobson, Hughes, and Boqvist more.

I think they really like Bouchard though, so he’s my choice in the poll.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Tkachuk might fall and we luck into him. People will go nuts on draft night, by the end of March we won't be talking about it at all because he is awesome at hockey. I at least hope that. But if it doesn't fall right I think we wind up with Bouchard. I would like to trade down at #6 with Chicago, New York or Edmonton if that is who they want. Willing to roll the dice, I think he is likely a second pairing guy with huge PP numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMule93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad