Speculation: Who will score the next hat trick for the Avs?

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
We haven't had one since 2011, when Matt Duchene scored 3 and added an assist in a crazy 7-6 loss to Dallas.

[NHL]2011020183-X-h[/NHL]

The Winnipeg Jets didn't even exist at this time, but if you go back to the Atlanta days then they are the only franchise with a longer hat trick dry spell. I have hope that our streak will end this season.

Last season, I believe Nick Holden was actually the closest to scoring 3 in one night, in a 5-4 win against Nashville. According to the 7 million dollar man:

So this poll is set up to predict who will finally light the lamp thrice. I'll bump it when it finally happens and come up with some incredible award for the winner. Give it your best shot!

Last edited:

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I actually think it has to be MacK. But for winning purposes I'm going to pick something random like Mitchell.

I'm curious how your post was made several minutes before I made this thread??

But it's possibly because I added a poll. I listed everyone in terms of their goal totals from last year, I don't think I'm missing anyone.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm curious how your post was made several minutes before I made this thread??

But it's possibly because I added a poll. I listed everyone in terms of their goal totals from last year, I don't think I'm missing anyone.

I don't see a poll.

EDIT:

Now I see it!

Oh, I forgot we have Iginla as well. That would be good bet as well.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Nice to see Bordy getting some respect, currently sitting at 25%.

I'll throw out an unlikely guess of Mr. Briere.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Hard not to pick MacK.

If I were to go off the board I'd vote O'Reilly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hard not to pick MacK.

If I were to go off the board I'd vote O'Reilly.

Yea I think our homer love affair with Mack makes us say him, but he's also the most likely choice IMO. He's got the ability physically to get hot and just take over a game all by himself like no one else on the team can.

Duchene has become a great player too but I think he's set to be more of a setup man, and his accuracy and release isn't quite on par with Nate's.

I could see Iggy maybe having his best game of the year and getting one too though, maybe with an EN.

O'Reilly is definitely a good dark horse though. He's definitely capable as a winger as more of a goal scorer.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I could really see Landy too probably him or Nate unless someone just has a crazy stupid game like Holden almost got it.

We'd have to have a lot of power plays for Holden to get a hat trick. You never know though. He was an inch or so away from getting it last year.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Im surprised Duchene isn't getting much love, he had a couple 2 goal games last year and could easily get a 3 goal game. So I'm going with Duchene at home against the Panthers on 10/21/14.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
MacK is going to draw tougher opponents this year.
That'll free Dutchy up a bit to work his magic.
Duchene with the next hat trick.

MacK might get more hat tricks over the next several years, but Matt gets the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad