who will phanuef smash this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
One of the best quote of hockey history.. : "A soir jva manger les bandes"
its a french expression that Bégin said before the game.. It mean.. tonight i will hit everyone and i will give my 110% but word for word it mean that he will eat the board and begin litteraly ate the board that night.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
Huh? I sure as hell hope Phaneuf creams someone with a good clean hit. I don't hope he injuries someone for life, that is retarted. No one is saying they hope Phaneuf breaks someone elses bone, or gives them a concussion. I just hope he levels them with a good clean hit and knocks them clear off their ass.

To suggest what you are suggesting is a total joke, give your head a shake.
Agreed.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Phaneuf will line some guy up, only to have him sidestep the hit, upon which Phaneuf nails an unsuspecting Sidney Crosby who is streaking through the other side.

This would be pretty funny just to watch everyone instantly turn against Phaneuf.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Phaneuf will line some guy up, only to have him sidestep the hit, upon which Phaneuf nails an unsuspecting Sidney Crosby who is streaking through the other side.

This would be pretty funny just to watch everyone instantly turn against Phaneuf.

I think that would be the funniest thing ever to be honest.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Kvashinator12 said:
what goes around comes around, and if he knocks himself out of the tournament going for a big hit, and hurts himself, I will laugh like no other.
So you cheer when teenage kids get hurt. Very nice.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Kvashinator12 said:
ur missing the point, the outrage is that, why is there even a need for a topic like this? There is none, basically this is saying hoping to see someone get hurt.
I am hoping to see someone get knocked on their ass, I love big hits. I hope its a huge hit, and the guy who is hit gets up.

Is it really that hard to understand?

mooseOAK*

Kvashinator12 said:
ur missing the point, the outrage is that, why is there even a need for a topic like this? There is none, basically this is saying hoping to see someone get hurt.

Yes, it is a stupid thread. A good place for your type of contribution.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Kvashinator12 said:
Phaneuf smashing someone doesnt mean injuring them, it means a big, clean hit, and those are awesome. You are a sick person if you want him to get a concussion and you would laugh at that...

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Phaneuf smashing someone doesnt mean injuring them, it means a big, clean hit, and those are awesome. You are a sick person if you want him to get a concussion and you would laugh at that...

Sick person? me? haha definitely, but someone getting hurt isn't a funny thing, and it's a serious one. I remember all last year after that, we heard how great of a hit it was, but people dont remember that Olesz got seriously hurt. People getting hurt is serious, and there is a big difference between separating someone from the puck, and trying to hurt them. I believe that Phaneuf is a great player, but he knows how powerful of a hitter he is, and can hurt people. He like guys like, Webb, tucker, peca, and others go out of that way for that monster hit to hurt people. But in a sick society that we live in, people cheer for this.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Kvashinator12 said:
Sick person? me? haha definitely, but someone getting hurt isn't a funny thing, and it's a serious one. I remember all last year after that, we heard how great of a hit it was, but people dont remember that Olesz got seriously hurt. People getting hurt is serious, and there is a big difference between separating someone from the puck, and trying to hurt them. I believe that Phaneuf is a great player, but he knows how powerful of a hitter he is, and can hurt people. He like guys like, Webb, tucker, peca, and others go out of that way for that monster hit to hurt people. But in a sick society that we live in, people cheer for this.

If it isn't funny why would you laugh? Sounds a little sick to me./

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
MrMastodonFarm said:
I am hoping to see someone get knocked on their ass, I love big hits. I hope its a huge hit, and the guy who is hit gets up.

Is it really that hard to understand?

He didnt call you out you know, he's saying in general. So that post is sort of out of place, kind of like: "Well thats nice to know the comment is not directed at you then". You should probably take a breather before you get a hernia or something ;) .

Kvashinator12: Allthough your first post in this thread was too harsh I do agree with most of your points. But what do you mean buy this:

Kvashinator12 said:
I believe that Phaneuf is a great player, but he knows how powerful of a hitter he is, and can hurt people.
?

That he should hold back?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
denphis said:
first he killed pouliot in the chl prospects game
then he ko'd olesz last year, who do you think he will catch this year, or are the other players more aware that he will get you bad given the oppotunity?
I guarantee you not Olesz.

Olesz comes back and lights Phanuef up on a breakout pass from his own I end I predict. Olesz can hit.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Yeah, well most "smashing" hits by Phaneuf hurt other player pretty bad. Phaneuf's hit on Olesz was borderline legal but let's not get into that, but why go out of your way to hurt someone at a tournament like the WJC?

denphis

PanthersRule said:
Yeah, well most "smashing" hits by Phaneuf hurt other player pretty bad. Phaneuf's hit on Olesz was borderline legal but let's not get into that, but why go out of your way to hurt someone at a tournament like the WJC?

why go out of your way to injure someone in a prospects game (pouliot)
the only reason i made this thread is because you know phanuef is going to run at people that is what he does. i dont want anyone to get hurt, but a clean open ice hit, thats what i want to see

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
denphis said:
why go out of your way to injure someone in a prospects game (pouliot)
the only reason i made this thread is because you know phanuef is going to run at people that is what he does. i dont want anyone to get hurt, but a clean open ice hit, thats what i want to see
Still, in a prospects game, there's no need for a big hit against others trying to strut their stuff. Everyone knows here that prospects games are more for the forwards than the defense. I mean, hitting Pouliot is nuts, cuz no one expects it in a prospects game. That'd be like Scott Stevens laying out Sami Kapanen when Kapenen played in the Allstar game a few years ago.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
PanthersRule said:
How do you know Phaneuf was trying to hurt him?
He is a big, mean d-man. Just beacuse he is so powerful doesn't mean he should shy away from hitting someone when the opportunity arises.
And don't even start with the borderline legal business, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that hit. Nothing at all.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Vinland said:
If it isn't funny why would you laugh? Sounds a little sick to me./

It was said tongue in cheek, because everyone here seems dying to see Phaneuf smack someone like he did Olesz or Pouliot. That usually mans injuring someone. It would be quite ironic if he hurt himself going for a hit, that is the point i was trying to make.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
How do you know Phaneuf was trying to hurt him?
He is a big, mean d-man. Just beacuse he is so powerful doesn't mean he should shy away from hitting someone when the opportunity arises.
And don't even start with the borderline legal business, there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that hit. Nothing at all.
I don't. that's not what I meant , but by the phrasing of my sentence, I see where you though that.

Still, that was an excessively aggressive body check and when hitting becomes excessively rough, a penalty is supposed to be called. If he just hit Olesz like Coburn or any other d would've Olesz would've still been crushed, but not KO'd, and the end result would be Canada still gets the puck. There's absolutely no way a player goes for a hit that big and is not not attempting to at least take him off the ice for the rest of the game. That was an excessively rough hit. The reason I said the legal stuff, it because I've heard that that hit was illegal according to IIHF standards. This is true right? :dunno: . Sure, Phaneuf could hit Olesz hard, no problem with that (other than that he's a panther prospect now ;) ), but if it's a hit illegal by IIHF standards, but legal by NA standards, then he went out of his way. By IIHF standards, you can still crush people, but completely KOing Olesz, whether he had his head down or not, is overboard no matter how you look at it. Especially at the WJC, where there are skilled players from all over the world and talent is focused on more than hitting. Like of course there should be big hits, but no going out of your way to KO someone, and it was obvious Phaneuf was really going for a HUGE hit that he probably knew would knock Olesz out.

Orv

Jan 7, 2004
Calgary, Ab/Eston,SK
PanthersRule said:
Still, in a prospects game, there's no need for a big hit against others trying to strut their stuff. Everyone knows here that prospects games are more for the forwards than the defense. I mean, hitting Pouliot is nuts, cuz no one expects it in a prospects game. That'd be like Scott Stevens laying out Sami Kapanen when Kapenen played in the Allstar game a few years ago.

So Phaneuf is supposed to allow these players to strut their stuff but isn't allowed to strut his own? If you didn't know big hits are a big part of his stuff.

Still, that was an excessively aggressive body check and when hitting becomes excessively rough, a penalty is supposed to be called. If he just hit Olesz like Coburn or any other d would've Olesz would've still been crushed, but not KO'd, and the end result would be Canada still gets the puck. There's absolutely no way a player goes for a hit that big and is not not attempting to at least take him off the ice for the rest of the game. That was an excessively rough hit. The reason I said the legal stuff, it because I've heard that that hit was illegal according to IIHF standards. This is true right? . Sure, Phaneuf could hit Olesz hard, no problem with that (other than that he's a panther prospect now ), but if it's a hit illegal by IIHF standards, but legal by NA standards, then he went out of his way. By IIHF standards, you can still crush people, but completely KOing Olesz, whether he had his head down or not, is overboard no matter how you look at it. Especially at the WJC, where there are skilled players from all over the world and talent is focused on more than hitting. Like of course there should be big hits, but no going out of your way to KO someone, and it was obvious Phaneuf was really going for a HUGE hit that he probably knew would knock Olesz out.

Maybe he should have hugged him instead.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Bileur said:
He didnt call you out you know, he's saying in general. So that post is sort of out of place, kind of like: "Well thats nice to know the comment is not directed at you then". You should probably take a breather before you get a hernia or something ;) .
Before you start playing online psychologist maybe you should understand that I wasn’t getting worked up, at all. It was a simple question/thought.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Man, some of you guys must make terrible athletes. As someone who's played hockey and other sports, injuring another player is not a thought that goes through my mind. Sorry, but I'm going to come full force when I get the chance and I expect no less from my opponents. That's not dirty, it's just clean, competitive play. I've injured quite a few guys over the years, it's not something I try to do, but something I fully expect to occasionally happen when a bunch of big guys are crashing into each other at full force on ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad