Speculation: Who will leave Tampa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Bishop for sure. But with Stamkos new contract (even if it's another magic move by Yzerman) and Hedman probably getting another 8 millions next season, who else will leave?
They have players with a lot of value and needing extensions soon (the triplets basically), an easy to trade guy like Killorn, and guys not that easy to trade like Carle, Filppula, Callahan...Even Drouin needs and extension, and maybe they try to trade him now that he doesn't want :laugh:
Is it too crazy to say that they'll trade one of TJ, Palat or Kucherov?

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They'll figure it out I'm sure. They can make a good hockey trade, not sure who exactly, and replenish the depth with cheaper players.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Tampa will have to make some decisions, but not today.

Thank you Stevie Y.
You just saved the Sabres future, see you in the playoffs, good luck and God's speed this season

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Hedman and Kucherov are untouchable. Gotta figure Killorn is gone along with one of Johnson, Palat, and Drouin. God I hate typing that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Would love to pry Palat or Killorn off of them for Pitt.
But they'll try and move Flip for sure first.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
First four yeah. Cally is unmovable due to nmc and I don't see him lifting it. Or Yzerman asking him to do it.

I think a buyout next offseason is fairly affordable going forward, but a trade would be preferable. The offseason after a buyout becomes pretty cheap.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I think Tyler Johnson and maybe Killorn are the most likely to move at some point, but not immediately.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hedman and Stamkos add 5 million more in a cap hit. Bolts have plenty of cap space to keep players they want. The concern is trading higher contracts guys to keep the cap room. I see Wash and Bolts as the teams to beat for the Pens.

Quackery

#MSpaintitorange
Nov 8, 2014
I think a buyout next offseason is fairly affordable going forward, but a trade would be preferable. The offseason after a buyout becomes pretty cheap.

Honestly I think it all depends on whether or not Cally bounces back after this season. Also since ya'll are pressed with cap space, how would you feel about a Montour+small add for Killorn. You get cap relief and an offensive d prospect who may or may not be ready this year and we get someone capable of playing with twins.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
First four yeah. Cally is unmovable due to nmc and I don't see him lifting it. Or Yzerman asking him to do it.

This in bold.

Tired of people here thinking Tampa/Yzerman wants to move him even if he could. He is not going anywhere. Played most of last season with a torn hip but having a career season with Tampa the previous season. Organization still wants him here.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
They can make a good hockey trade, not sure who exactly, and replenish the depth with cheaper players.

I'd rather they make a good bowling trade? Don't mean to pick on you, you aren't the only one who says it. But I have never understood this phrase. Has there ever been a bad hockey trade that wasn't just a bad trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad