Who Will get hit the most by the seattles expansion?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Teams who are younger stand more to lose.

The Flyers may have to make a serious decision.

Giroux, Simmonds, JVR, Voracek, Couts, Ghost, Provy.

Then you have young'ns like Sandheim, Meyers, Friedman, Hart, Morin, Vorobyov, Lindblom, Rubstov, etc.

Dont forget nolan patrick

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Not sure, do they track hits on individual players? Or are you meaning which team? Probably Calgary, I read somewhere that they are too soft.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
We (Anaheim)could lose a good young dman again.

But if Kesler and Perry continue on their downward I’d hope they ask to waive for the draft.

Rakell, Kase, Getz protected
Manson, Lindholm, Montour, Fowler, and the winner of our young d keeper

Would lose a good young d but between now and the , id assume we trade a dman and one of Silfv or cogs

Of course. We will like protect Perry, Kesler, and Getz and lose fowler or some other piece .....he’ll, murray will probably resign schenn to a nmc before then

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So, Peron will leave for a 3rd time?
Possibly but Seattle could probably get a better player. Like Fabbri if he rebounds.

Blues will likely lose someone good due to all the depth. I’m guessing a forward and they go the 4+4 route.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
As things stand, going from a pure asset management stand point, then Pens would go 7-3-1

Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Guentzel/Hornqvist/Rust/ANOther
Letang/Dumo/Maatta
Murray

Which would leave one of Sprong and Simon, whoever our 3C is if not exempt, Johnson and Oleksiak, and Jarry exposed... we'd regret whoever went, but unless we do very well with acquisitions, I don't think we're getting hurt that bad.

Note: Schultz's contract expires at that time, so no need to protect him.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Title pretty much says it.

Who will lose the most in the upcoming expension draft if they come into the league in 20-21!

From a Sept 2018 Seattle Times article:

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told ESPN’s Emily Kaplan this week that the league has broached NHL Seattle about delaying the franchise launch one year to the 2021-22 season.
Daly even said he viewed a 2021-22 start date as more likely.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah for Philly, it likely is going to come down to Sanheim vs Myers. One gets protected, one gets lost...unless they strike a deal to lose other multiple assets instead.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yeah for Philly, it likely is going to come down to Sanheim vs Myers. One gets protected, one gets lost...unless they strike a deal to lose other multiple assets instead.
I think that’s what Philly would prefer... trade one away so you get at least something out of it.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Nashville probably loses a good defenseman. Tampa and Toronto probably lose a decent forward. Or any team who's 8th best forward/4th best defenseman -or worse- has an NMC.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Edmonton will get bent over if they don't move one or more of those boat anchor contracts with no move clauses

I thought this too but sekera has a limited move clause by the time expansion is upon us. Russell would have one year left with his NTC. He could be bought out. That only leaves Lucic to needing protection. Not as bad as once thought.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Like the last draft a lot of players will be asked to waive their NMC as their salaries or term will make them unlikely to be picked anyway (ie. Lucic). This way, the teams can protect the right players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think that’s what Philly would prefer... trade one away so you get at least something out of it.
I think they would prefer to keep both and trade Seattle some multiple, lesser assets so they can keep that 4 Dmen together. Like trade a 1st+Rubstov+Hagg....as an example. But it's still 2 years away and who really knows.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Edmonton will get bent over if they don't move one or more of those boat anchor contracts with no move clauses

Lucic and Sekera are the only players with NMCs, and Sekera doesn’t yet have a boat anchor contract. He actually would have a good contract, if it wasn’t for 2 unfortunate injuries. And if he is that hurt and ends up on LTIR, he’s exempt anyways a la Horton. So what you’re saying is we need to move Lucic because he’s going to screw us? Well pretty much every team has a contract as bad as Lucic’s, so what’s your point? Or do you not know what Edmonton’s contract situation is like and you’re just making biased assumptions?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From a Sept 2018 Seattle Times article:
21-22 is due to the CBA opt out clause which would put the 20-21 season in jeopardy of a work stoppage.

Up to Seattle if they want to risk having their inaugural season opener delayed and delayed potentially if a work stoppage occurs.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Vegas might be in a very good position, as they won't lose a player to Seattle. So they could trade picks and young players who dont need to be protected to teams in trouble. Let's say team X would want to protect 8 fowards and 4 d-men, and don't care that much about the rest. They could trade that 4th D for a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->