Who Will get hit the most by the seattles expansion?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Title pretty much says it.

Who will lose the most in the upcoming expension draft if they come into the league in 20-21!

Need a list of unprotected players before you can even begin to consider this. It wouldn't even be speculating... just a random shot in the dark guess.

But I'll play for poops and snickers...

Seattle themselves will lose the most by way of gaining nothing but other teams crap. No Vegas 2.0.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Teams who are younger stand more to lose.

The Flyers may have to make a serious decision.

Giroux, Simmonds, JVR, Voracek, Couts, Ghost, Provy.

Then you have young'ns like Sandheim, Meyers, Friedman, Hart, Morin, Vorobyov, Lindblom, Rubstov, etc.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
This expansion draft will huge helping the Leafs escape any cap problems.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anaheim right off the bat.

Look at their D core.

Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Montour. Plus they have Pettersson, Larsson, Welisnki who would be eligible.

Mahura is a 2016 pick so he would be exempt in 2020 only.

Would need Perry and Kesler to waive NMC for the draft.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Jets stand to lose a decent player as far as I can tell

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Protecting their core guys in Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Kadri, Nylander, Rielly, Andersen. Leaving guys like Zaitsev, Brown and Hyman exposed who will probably be claimed.
If the Leafs wanted to off these guys they could trade them for future considerations, but they don't.

Reactions: Leafidelity

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Poor Neal is gonna get drafted by an expansion team again.

Looks like San Jose, TBL and Anaheim (again) might get boned by expansion.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Protecting their core guys in Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Kadri, Nylander, Rielly, Andersen. Leaving guys like Zaitsev, Brown and Hyman exposed who will probably be claimed.

How does losing Hyman or Brown become "a huge help" in the Leafs escaping cap problems? Those guys don't have big contracts and would need to be replaced by players making a similar amount of money. This is no help at all.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
How does losing Hyman or Brown become "a huge help" in the Leafs escaping cap problems? Those guys don't have big contracts and would need to be replaced by players making a similar amount of money. This is no help at all.
Because they both have salaries of $2 million plus which would then be replaced by guys like Leivo, Grundstrom, Bracco etc that are all ELC's. Convenient that you ignore Zaitsev however.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Need a list of unprotected players before you can even begin to consider this. It wouldn't even be speculating... just a random shot in the dark guess.

But I'll play for poops and snickers...

Seattle themselves will lose the most by way of gaining nothing but other teams crap. No Vegas 2.0.

Probably not. Not 650 million dollars worth of an expansion draft, certainly.

They might change some of the protection requirements too, if they see a lot of good young 23yo players potentially exposed. Is a 2020-21 season written in stone though?

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Because they both have salaries of $2 million plus which would then be replaced by guys like Leivo, Grundstrom, Bracco etc that are all ELC's. Convenient that you ignore Zaitsev however.

Convenient? I ignored Zaitsev cause no team would be stupid enough to take on that contract and Leivo won't be on an ELC when Seattle joins the NHL. He's on a one-year $925,000 deal right now.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I would guess the Bruins are at risk of losing a defensemen, Carlo, Grzelcyk, Killer or John Moore. Carlo likely protected though.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Edmonton will get bent over if they don't move one or more of those boat anchor contracts with no move clauses

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs have four legit top 4 D in EJ, Barrie, Girard, Zadorov. Can they all be protected?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well I can tell you who will be hit the least.

But the answer is Anaheim. They'll be okay with forwards but they have so many good young defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad