Who will get 1st overall this summer?

Who will get 1st overall this summer?

• Total voters

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Take away decent

We'll see. I think Armstrong was a solid add as GM, his scouting resume is well documented in STL.

2 strong drafts ahead and likely 2 top 3 picks (and a boatload of other picks) along with Matthews coming home, players will sign as free agents if Yotes owner is willing to pay them.

If there's one player who can help save the Yotes, it's Matthews

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
We'll see. I think Armstrong was a solid add as GM, his scouting resume is well documented in STL.

2 strong drafts ahead and likely 2 top 3 picks (and a boatload of other picks) along with Matthews coming home, players will sign as free agents if Yotes owner is willing to pay them.
I dont think it matters what the yotes do. What matters is what happens with Matthews quest for a cup. He will stick it out with the buds as long as they are threatening and he has a chance. If he wins a cup, I would guess he would seriously consider going regardless of the competitiveness...as long as there is a team. If the leafs dont win but are still competitive, he likely stays there as it would be unlikely that the yotes would be that competitive in 3 years time.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I dont think it matters what the yotes do. What matters is what happens with Matthews quest for a cup. He will stick it out with the buds as long as they are threatening and he has a chance. If he wins a cup, I would guess he would seriously consider going regardless of the competitiveness...as long as there is a team. If the leafs dont win but are still competitive, he likely stays there as it would be unlikely that the yotes would be that competitive in 3 years time.

Fair enough, I think he's gone either way, win or lose in TOR.
May not be 100% Arizona but just don't see him play the majority of his career in Canada.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Fair enough, I think he's gone either way, win or lose in TOR.
May not be 100% Arizona but just don't see him play the majority of his career in Canada.
If it isnt arizona, it isnt anywhere else. Toronto is a high end city and the 4th largest in North America. Great town to live as a rich young man. It offers a lot more than the majority of cities in the US

Reactions: Rob Brown

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If it isnt arizona, it isnt anywhere else. Toronto is a high end city and the 4th largest in North America. Great town to live as a rich young man. It offers a lot more than the majority of cities in the US

I'm Canadian, definitely know the selling points of TOR.
Don't know if I agree with the last point though.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Suit yourself. I've traveled all around the world. The only knock I would give to Toronto is the cost of living and that isn't his problem. If you're loaded, it is great and really safe

Cool. Looking at TOR in 3 years (which is hard to predict future trades/signings etc) but I don't think they're as good as they are now.

Both Nylander and Matthews need new deals same year.
Along with Muzzin and Brodie as well.

Seems like TOR is due for a retool in a couple years and your prospects pond isnt full of elite guys imo. One of your next 1sts may be traded or they will be late 1st rounders, harder to pin point high end talent in drafts.

We're getting off topic here, just hope he goes home and helps the Yotes stay there.
GMs and NHL management hate relocation of teams.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Cool. Looking at TOR in 3 years (which is hard to predict future trades/signings etc) but I don't think they're as good as they are now.

Both Nylander and Matthews need new deals same year.
Along with Muzzin and Brodie as well.

Seems like TOR is due for a retool in a couple years and your prospects pond isnt full of elite guys imo. One of your next 1sts may be traded or they will be late 1st rounders, harder to pin point high end talent in drafts.

We're getting off topic here, just hope he goes home and helps the Yotes stay there.
GMs and NHL management hate relocation of teams.
Retool? Why? They are deeper than most teams in the league.
They are set for many years to come with no massive contracts that will haunt them for aging players.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Retool? Why? They are deeper than most teams in the league.
They are set for many years to come with no massive contracts that will haunt them for aging players.

Tavares, Muzzin and Brodie will be 34 or older in 3 years time.
Of the 4 guys mentioned above in my previous post, it's doubtful all 4 are back.

No high end elite prospects and if Matthews and/or Nylander leave, don't see how you can say they're that deep in 3 years, or more deep than they are now.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Tavares, Muzzin and Brodie will be 34 or older in 3 years time.
Of the 4 guys mentioned above in my previous post, it's doubtful all 4 are back.

No high end elite prospects and if Matthews and/or Nylander leave, don't see how you can say they're that deep in 3 years, or more deep than they are now.
If you are claiming that the leafs don't have a full roster in 4 years....guilty. That is pretty well the whole league so just stop with this nonsense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If you are claiming that the leafs don't have a full roster in 4 years....guilty. That is pretty well the whole league so just stop with this nonsense.

? What? If that's why you get out of my posts, not sure how to make it more clear for ya. I don't believe in their long term success window with their prospects and aging core, along with re-signing some key veteran guys in Matthews, Nylander and others.

Listen I get the potential of losing Matthews gets Leafs fans in a tizzy but the next 2-3 years really feels like their window to win.
Maybe McDavid comes home when his deal up and I'm wrong.

Not gonna reply anymore, to further derail this thread.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
? What? If that's why you get out of my posts, not sure how to make it more clear for ya. I don't believe in their long term success window with their prospects and aging core, along with re-signing some key veteran guys in Matthews, Nylander and others.

Listen I get the potential of losing Matthews gets Leafs fans in a tizzy but the next 2-3 years really feels like their window to win.
Maybe McDavid comes home when his deal up and I'm wrong.

Not gonna reply anymore, to further derail this thread.
Im not in a tizzy at all. They will adapt and I put arizonas chances of surviving at less than 50%

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Doesn't make any sense to ask this as a poll since it's random
We could discuss who will finish last though

Reactions: Xspyrit

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
bill-daly-sabres-draft-lottery.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad