Who will end the current decade with the most points?

Who will end the current decade with the most points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I think it probably stays in the same order but with Tavares and Ovechkin swapped. Possibly Giroux overtaking Crosby too but I think it will be close.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Everyone on the list is fully capable of finishing at the top of the list. If everyone stays healthy it'll be a tossup, but I homer voted for Patty Kane cause why not.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Crosby, he’s not what he once was but he’s damn consistent and not done yet. I don’t think he’s top 5 in the league anymore but he definitely has good seasons ahead

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Everyone on the list is fully capable of finishing at the top of the list. If everyone stays healthy it'll be a tossup, but I homer voted for Patty Kane cause why not.

I’d say the odds that when both are fully healthy that Tavares would outscore Crosby by 35+ points in a year are very low. I don’t think Tavares or Oveckin have a shot barring several injuries. I’d go with Crosby

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah I mean who in their right mind would choose Crosby over Giroux? What's that bum ever done?
Jeez, quite the hyperbole. This is the second to last season of this decade so the question is really about who is going to score the most points the next two years and will it be enough to bridge the gap Crosby currently holds. Giroux outscored him by 13 points last year so it's not crazy to think he can't outscore him by 4 points total over the next two seasons. Nobody is saying Giroux is better than Crosby. Nobody is saying Crosby is a bum.

I think what he was referring to is the fact that Giroux has been written off since he was like 15. He went undrafted in the OHL and then the next season was a walk on in the Q. He fell in the NHL draft because he was too small and not a good enough skater. He's been proving people wrong for a long time so I think his point was that betting against Giroux is usually not a safe bet.

Relax, nobody is talking bad about your baby.

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Hard to say. Any sort of medium term injury will swing the whole thing quite much.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
if you look at the point totals from this actual decade, not just from the season starting in october 2010, the list looks like this:

Screen-Shot-2018-10-18-at-20-34-35.png

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's Crosby oh so easily.

Do you guys expect any of these other players to outscore Crosby in the next 2 seasons by so many points? He's still the most likely player to win a Ross after McDavid and should widen the gap on all players.

Kane is a wild card i suppose - as he's not that far removed from his great season. I still expect Crosby to outscore him the next 2 years

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017

Do you guys expect any of these other players to outscore Crosby in the next 2 seasons by so many points? He's still the most likely player to win a Ross after McDavid and should widen the gap on all players.

Kane is a wild card i suppose - as he's not that far removed from his great season. I still expect Crosby to outscore him the next 2 years

Giroux outscored Crosby by 13 pts last season and is only 3 pts behind. It’s far from being “Crosby easily”

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Crosby is the likely answer, but wouldn't count out Kane and Ovechkin. A lot rides on who gets hot at the right time and who stays the healthiest

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Giroux outscored Crosby by 11 pts last season and is only 3 pts behind. It’s far from being “Crosby easily”

yes and he had 102 point last year, fantastic season.

But the 2 years before that he scored 58, and 67.

Now of course you may be one of those people who is fully on the Giroux train and believes his 102 point performance is his new norm and that's fine. I'm more conservative - and expects he probably comes closer to his average. And so does Crosby - and hence Crosby finishes easily ahead.

I think Kane is the most likely one to pace him. Also - if we look at the new stats posted from January 1st 2010 instead of October - Crosby's gap is even bigger, and only Ovechkin is really close. And although it's not inconceivable Ovechkin outpoint's Crosby - the opposite is a lot more likely imo

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
yes and he had 102 point last year, fantastic season.

But the 2 years before that he scored 58, and 67.

Now of course you may be one of those people who is fully on the Giroux train and believes his 102 point performance is his new norm and that's fine. I'm more conservative - and expects he probably comes closer to his average. And so does Crosby - and hence Crosby finishes easily ahead.

I think Kane is the most likely one to pace him. Also - if we look at the new stats posted from January 1st 2010 instead of October - Crosby's gap is even bigger, and only Ovechkin is really close. And although it's not inconceivable Ovechkin outpoint's Crosby - the opposite is a lot more likely imo

Seeing how Crosby is playing in the RS right now doesn’t make him as a slam dunk choice for that poll. I’m not on the Giroux train at all, but last season was far from a fluke like you might think.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Seeing how Crosby is playing in the RS right now doesn’t make him as a slam dunk choice for that poll. I’m not on the Giroux train at all, but last season was far from a fluke like you might think.

lol it's been 5 games.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
lol it's been 5 games.

A terrible 5 game stretch, he also played like crap earlier last year and it looks like he doesn’t give his 100% in the RS season anymore. Saying he will win this easily is just flat out homerism, which wouldn’t be surprising considering your post history about him.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Given how close they, it moslty comes down to who is the most productive between now and 20/20. Giroux has been the best on that list as of late so I would take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad