Who will draft Sidney Crosby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsFan77*

romain_jaime said:
As long as he ends up with an original 6 team I am very happy. I really don't want him to end up in a sunny state where hockey is least watched sport, the NHL needs to make sure he ends up on a team with lots of fans and start marketing this kid ala Lebron James.

Because Cleveland is such a big basketball town... :shakehead

RoyIsALegend*

Canadian_man said:
It makes me wonder if any of the poorer teams, medicore teams, or the Avalanche would intentionally blow a season to get him drafted.

Why the Avalanche...?

The kid's not French, Pierre Lacroix won't blow a load over him like with Prince Vincent.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
The Rangers will just misuse him. Seriously I'm sick at how the Rangers are so heavily relied on and babied by the league so they can have their success and yet they still f#ck it up. If Bettman could have his way, they'd win it all each year. I'd like to see him go to Chicago, because that's an equally important market and franchise for the NHL and they could use the hype to get fan interest back. Plus, that's a team out of my Habs' conference! If it went to free agency, there would have to be some kind of cap for which the teams can offer him per year. Remember, $800,000 starting salary! But teams will throw ludicrous bonus offers at him, so let's cap those as well. Say, he gets a 5-year contract, I think $30 million should be the limit. Hopefully, the Habs could afford that and we'd have several teams (Leafs, Rangers, Flyers, Stars, you name the big money guys) competing. The great advantage is if it came to this crossroads, Crosby would go to Montreal because it's his fave team and would be a dream come true for him (look, he's said about as much). Oh well, that's the least likely scenario at this point but one can only dream.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hab-a-maniac said:
The Rangers will just misuse him. Seriously I'm sick at how the Rangers are so heavily relied on and babied by the league so they can have their success and yet they still f#ck it up. If Bettman could have his way, they'd win it all each year.

How the hell have the Rangers been babied by the league?

And if they won it all every year, the NHL wouldn't have these problems.

Don't you remember after 1994 when they were talking about how much people were gearing up for the NHL when the Rags won the Cup? There was a huge sports illustrated issue focussing on how the NHL was "hot" and the NBA "cold".

How the hell hav ethey been babied? This was one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this site.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Hasbro said:
I've got a nagging feeling Bettman will use any lottery to Pat Ewing him to the Rangers.
I hope so. And I think that the Rangers will be THE worst team in the NHL when play resumes, assuming they don't get Crosby before it starts up again. I really don't know how the Rangers would be able to do that, though.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Babied is the wrong word, I guess I should say "put in high standard" by the league because of their market, the money they make and just look at how often they got on ESPN despite their bad team. I'm upset because I feel like with the NHL obviously willing to make the Rangers THE team to promote to mainstream America if they could be good, yet the Rags keep messing it up. And their obvious money machine overspending never ever got Bettman doing what he should've done; making the Rangers stop. He was powerless, in the end, but didn't really try that hard.

acr*

I'd like to see him on the Blue Jackets, contigent upon them finding a guy to center their top line named "Stills".

...wait for it...wait for it...

acr*

Hmm, I guess they'd need a defenseman or goalie named Young as well...

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
romain_jaime said:
As long as he ends up with an original 6 team I am very happy. I really don't want him to end up in a sunny state where hockey is least watched sport, the NHL needs to make sure he ends up on a team with lots of fans and start marketing this kid ala Lebron James.
that makes absolutely no sense. hockey hotbeds don't need someone like crosby to sell tickets. if he goes to some place like carolina and can generate genuine interest there, it would be great for the game and for the fans there. your rambling sounds like typical elitist bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad