Who will bust from 2018 NHL Draft

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boqvist is gonna say it in a live interview one day and PB is gonna be like Boqvist isn't the doctor how would he know

You are being incredibly disingenuous. You've not yet shown any proof of the initial claim, but you try to make me into the bad guy for asking for proof of this rumor. How dare I question the medical experts here on HF who can diagnose concussions from their computers?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The people who are in position to know are the player, his agent, his family, his coaches, his teammates. A writer who hasn't even confirmed that he has it on good authority, as opposed to repeating the rumor without extra info, is pretty weak proof.

What you said is there for everyone to see. You can try to explain what you meant, but lets not re-write what is already there.

But I’m not re-writing what I wrote, I’m correcting you because you’re intentionally changing what I wrote to create a false argument that I’ve never made. It’s easy for me to know that since, as you mentioned, it’s posted here on these boards for all to see.

Also (correcting you again) Mark Edwards isn’t a writer, he’s a scout. As a scout he has concerns about Boqvists concussion history and that’s good enough for me.

I mentioned above. If we want to stretch the definition, maybe we could add an expert like McKenzie or Friedman. A prospect, who you don't even know whether he has inside info on this, is a really weak argument of proof. We do not have confirmation of more than one concussion from anyone who would have a direct connection to the situation or any of the premier "insiders" in the game.

See above.

The difference that you don't understand or don't want to acknowledge is that I am not claiming anything as fact or that I'm most reasonably correct. I am giving my opinion of what I've observed. I don't know whether its correct or not. I'm not going to even bother to say there's anything other than my observation to support it. I can't say the same for what has been said about Boqvist.

What have you “observed”? You’ve asked for “proof” of something, been given reasonable evidence of it, then plug your ears and screamed that no one has given you proof. Then you accuse others of having agendas while playing innocent of your own obvious bias in this matter.

Which is fine. None of this discussion ultimately matters or changes whether Boqvist has had concussions or not. Like the climate-change science deniers that you so obviously take your cues from, you can hide from evidence all you like but it won’t change reality in the end.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Reactions: redbeardtx

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
On the same note, I there is a flat earth conference in Edmonton this week.

Can you provide proof of more than one concussion? Go ahead and provide it for everyone if you can confirm this rumor. So far, no one has been able to confirm it.

But if you have info we don't have, I'll defer to you. Lets see it.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Boqvist is gonna say it in a live interview one day and PB is gonna be like Boqvist isn't the doctor how would he know
Boqvist, his doctor, mother, and agent could come out with a video saying "Boqvist has had multiple concussions" and he'd be like "prove that multiple means more than one, go ahead, prove it! Plus, those were obviously just android robots pretending to be him and his people, prove that they were real people! Bet you can't prove that they weren't robots! Go ahead!"

Reactions: Grub

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boqvist, his doctor, mother, and agent could come out with a video saying "Boqvist has had multiple concussions" and he'd be like "prove that multiple means more than one, go ahead, prove it! Plus, those were obviously just android robots pretending to be him and his people, prove that they were real people! Bet you can't prove that they weren't robots! Go ahead!"

Instead of badmouthing a stranger on the internet for asking for proof of what looks like rumor-mongering, why don't you post the proof?

But thats unlikely to happen. There will be some excuse coming or no answer. Maybe you'll try to attack me again. Its what all the rumor-mongerers have done, and its quite pathetic.

I have nothing to account for. I didn't make any claim about a 17 year old kid having multiple brain injuries. You and others back this claim. You are the ones that should be answering for it or retracting what you said. The moderators are doing a weak job here. They immediately reacted when there was unverified discussion about Svechnikov's age, but unverified discussion of multiple concussions for Boqvist is allowed.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Instead of badmouthing a stranger on the internet for asking for proof of what looks like rumor-mongering, why don't you post the proof?

But thats unlikely to happen. There will be some excuse coming or no answer. Maybe you'll try to attack me again. Its what all the rumor-mongerers have done, and its quite pathetic.

I have nothing to account for. I didn't make any claim about a 17 year old kid having multiple brain injuries. You and others back this claim. You are the ones that should be answering for it or retracting what you said. The moderators are doing a weak job here. They immediately reacted when there was unverified discussion about Svechnikov's age, but unverified discussion of multiple concussions for Boqvist is allowed.

Of course it’s allowed. It’s confirmed by Boqvist himself that he’s had 1 (minimum). Mark Edwards professed having concerns over Boqvist’s concussion history. Cory Pronman reported he suffered a second concussion at the 2018 U18’s.

There are enough reports that this should be allowed for discussion and, surprise surprise, it is.

You can put your head back in the sand demanding a Doctor’s note now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
:facepalm:

You keep repeating untrue things, and are using a quote that disproves your claim as if it proves it. I hope you don't actually believe the things you are saying, and are instead just trying to dig yourself out of this hole.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
:facepalm:

You keep repeating untrue things, and are using a quote that disproves your claim as if it proves it. I hope you don't actually believe the things you are saying, and are instead just trying to dig yourself out of this hole.

What part is untrue?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Tell me whether he is reporting this or stating this.

Doesn't seem clear-cut to me. You keep trying to connect dots. If you claim something to be true and want others to believe what you say, it doesn't involve dot-connecting, it involves the statement being true.

This is pulling teeth and getting nowhere. Unless you want to provide proof, I really don't have anything else to say to you on this matter. Its a waste of everyone's time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Doesn't seem clear-cut to me. You keep trying to connect dots. If you claim something to be true and want others to believe what you say, it doesn't involve dot-connecting, it involves the statement being true.

This is pulling teeth and getting nowhere. Unless you want to provide proof, I really don't have anything else to say to you on this matter. Its a waste of everyone's time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

What is unclear or dot connecting about that tweet?

Boqvist missed the Swe-Czech final game. Pronman tweeted that it was due to a concussion. He did not say he was speculating or that he was guessing. He stated it unequivocally.

Do you think he was lying?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Or you could just go by this article from a Swedish paper.

Adam Boqvist drabbad av hjärnskakning

Using Google translate:

PUBLISHED: 29 APRIL, 2018
Brynäs IFLandslag
Therefore, the giant talent was missing in the bronze match
Henrik Skoglund
@hockeystaden
[email protected]
Brynja's great talent Adam Boqvist was forced to leave yesterday's semi-final against Finland in the U18 World Cup and today he was not included. Now, the answer is why: 17-year-old suffered from brain injury.
It was in the first period of the semifinal against Finland that Adam Boqvist was forced to expire. The back, who scored six points on as many matches in the tournament, did not come to play in today's match about the bronze against the Czech Republic.
DAMAGE BY HEARING
Now comes the explanation for why: Brynja's giant talent was affected by concussion.
"Yes, I went into the sack with my head before and got a brainwash," explains Adam Boqvist for Hockeypuls.
However, there should be no big danger and Boqvist could follow how his teammates could pin the bronze against the Czech Republic today.
Adam Boqvist is expected to go between five to ten in the summer's NHL draf

“But ... but ... there’s too much dot connecting!!! :cry::cry::cry: You’re just making things up for your Canuck agenda!!”

What a joke you are.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX

You've had the proof laid out in front of you multiple times now, it's not my fault that you're somehow unwilling to accept it.

"No Adam Boqvist for the bronze game after suffering a concussion in yesterday's game."

How is that not clear cut that he had a concussion?

Reactions: CanaFan

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I'm going to go way out there and say that relative to draft position I think Dahlin will "bust". I just haven't been impressed with him to justify all the hype and hoopla and think it's very likely that at least 1-2 other D that went in the 1st round will be better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad