Who will break out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
I'm not talking about this year rookies but the ones that missed the entire 04-05 and were ready to emerge...

Who do you think will have the biggest point increase in 05-06 or the best progression in term of stats?

my guesses :

Lupul : 34 pts in 03-04 to 62 pts in 05-06
Spezza : 55 to 82 pts

R. Miller : 3 GP, .795 SP, 5.08 GAA to 50 GP, .909 SP, 2.33

Yours? :dunno:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
CrossCheck said:
I'm not talking about this year rookies but the ones that missed the entire 04-05 and were ready to emerge...

Who do you think will have the biggest point increase in 05-06 or the best progression in term of stats?

my guesses :

Lupul : 34 pts in 03-04 to 62 pts in 05-06
Spezza : 55 to 82 pts

R. Miller : 3 GP, .795 SP, 5.08 GAA to 50 GP, .909 SP, 2.33

Yours? :dunno:

Alex Semin is poised to have a monster year.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Zetterberg and Datsyuk in detroit will well surpass 70 pts, tho i think kronwall will go from 6 pts to 25+ and end up making him our number 2 dman by the time the year is out....

others:

Dustin Brown
Sean Bergenehim
Ales Hemsky
Sergei Samsonov
Mika Noronen (probably elsewhere)
Eric Staal
Jay Bouwmeester (he will take it to the next level)

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
CrossCheck said:
Is it his performance in the playoffs this year that makes u think that?

;)

honestly no, i never even bothered to follow the playoffs, but if he emerged a little in the playoffs then thats great :yo:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
zetterberg40 said:
honestly no, i never even bothered to follow the playoffs, but if he emerged a little in the playoffs then thats great :yo:

I think he's making fun of you. Bouwmeester went pointless.

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
"Antropov!"

(sorry, force of habit ... been my answer to this question for a few years now) :propeller

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Newfie Bruin said:
For the Bruins,

Sergei Samsonov 40 points (03-04) - 86 points(05-06)

Patrice Bergeron 39 points (03-04) - 64 points(05-06)

Samsonov can't stay healthy.And its not really a breakout year when he's had two 70+ season already.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Milan Kraft

The way he was playing in the second half of 2003-04 showed me alot. Everyone knows he has the talent, he was finally starting to show that he knows how to use it.

Figgles*

I think Simon Gagne will have a good season and put up at least 60 points.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
TheCoach said:
Jason Spezza will be the breakout player, and will end up top 10 in scoring.

I agree. I think Spezza will have a monster year.

And how about the Sedins, I think they may be ready to both eclipse the 60 pont mark this season for the first time. If they cant then I dont know if they will ever break out. They are both going into their 5ht or 6th season and its time for them to show they can both be the players they were projected to be. If they get a good finisher on the right side I think they will do it for sure.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
dangler19 said:
I agree. I think Spezza will have a monster year.

And how about the Sedins, I think they may be ready to both eclipse the 60 pont mark this season for the first time. If they cant then I dont know if they will ever break out. They are both going into their 5ht or 6th season and its time for them to show they can both be the players they were projected to be. If they get a good finisher on the right side I think they will do it for sure.
I think Daniel will surpass 60 maybe even 70 but Henrik will be around the 50 point range

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Looking at the SEL and IF THE REDLINE IS REMOVED Krisitan Huselius would be my top candidate. He has fantastic skills. Personally I don't like him at all and he is really really soft but the skills are there, especially when it comes to skating and playmaking. He kind of have Näslund potential. If he ever ends up in the right enviorment he could put up a ton of points in the regular season.

Mattias Weinhandl played with Forsberg in Sweden and that helped him allot. He could produce, in the right eviorment.

I also think like Gaborik finally could take that next step and become one of the best in the league(top 10-15).

Someone mentioned Semin. Never saw him when he played in the NHL. But he certainly have great wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->