Who will be your team's whipping boy this year?

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think Brad Marchand is going to take some heat from the fans this year. I know a few people that have him on their sh*t list for the bad line change in Game 7.

Reactions: Alicat

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
From the Jets, I'll guess either Bryan Little. Nobody to genuinely rip on this year.

Laine?

IMO the answer across the league is Cody Ceci.

Fans and press in TO are going to be on his case nightly.

It is going to get ugly.. Guarenteed

Get out of here with this stuff. Sure, I have read some hot takes on the Leafs board, but I read even more on here from "Neutral" fans about how terrible he is. It's always been the case though. I remember the Kessel and most recently Gardiner hate on here.

Reactions: Devonator

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Isn't Hyman the odds on whipping boy, now that Brown, Hainsey and Marleau are gone? He's been a whipping boy to many for years, even if it's not deserved.

Hyman will be in Toronto while Barrie gets a pass for being a disaster in his own zone along with Ceci lmao.

Behind the times. Hyman was one because he was playing with Nylander / Matthews, and he had the lowest expected goals out of anyone because they kept setting him up with tap ins he would miss.

Last year he took a step forward and was a beast on the forecheck and could put the puck in the net when given a freebee. He is a beast on the PK as well. Fans have 180'd on him and love him now.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
For Sens it depends....
Zaitsev is obvious as he’ll be deployed as a top pairing shutdown guy and will fail.
Secondary option is whoever of the young guns coming off ELC’s demands too much money, term, signing bonus will then be smeared and our new whipping boy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Justin Braun is the most likely candidate for the Flyers. Most fans feel they overpaid for him (2nd and 3rd) and at his age and play style, there's a decent chance he is the least effective defensemen on the team.

Not going to lie.... I really thought the first Flyer response would be Hagg

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Who will the fans turn on this year on your team? For the leafs I’m going to guess ceci. Leaf fans love to bash defensemen and now that gardiner and zaitsev are gone, ceci will probably get the honour

Dependent on the Marner contract and how long the saga plays out I don't see how you can choose anybody but Mitchell Marner...if he has even a slightly underwhelming season after the sht show that his contract saga has become Leafs fans will jump all over him as quickly as they can (and rightly so) mind you if he has a normal year all will be forgotten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad