Who will be your team's whipping boy this year?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Monahan swings wildly back and forth between whipping boy and team hero.

Jankowski is heading up my personal shit list. For a lot of fans it'll be Brodie or Hanifin.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Zaitsev.

He will play top minutes against top players while on a Senators team that will have trouble scoring. It'll be the same scenario as with Ceci. A guy who could be a 4-5 on the right team being deployed as a #1 or #2 shutdown type.

Anderson will probably be an honorable mention.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Eugene Melnyk.

That's factually incorrect.

It's only people on HFSens who don't like Eugene Melnyk.

I talk with a lot of real Sens fans in real life. Thousands of them. They pay money to go to games unlike those on HFSens. These people are thrilled about the rebuild and think Melnyk did nothing wrong.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Seabrook will be the Blackhawks whipping boy. He was a Warrior for them for years, but there's a group of selfish fans who only care about his salary. They want him to fake an injury and go on LTIR, retire or accept a trade to a team like Ottawa.

Chicago has been his home for over a decade, he was one of the first big pieces of the championship group and still enjoys hockey.

Ignore the salary and respect the player. He still adds more value than a number of other large contracts.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
For the Hawks it'll always be Seabrook followed by alittle Gustafsson (mostly in the defensive zone) and Shaw (stupid penalties) mixed in since it's getting boring to rip Seabrook.

Maatta (and possibly Nylander if he makes the team) might be a dark horse.

Last edited:

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
To start the year the Flames have a few options. If Tkachuk holds out, it's him. If Talbot struggles at all, it's going to be him. On the other hand, if the team is good then Monahan will get ignored, while if we're bad and our top line struggles then he is the big issue and he should fight someone, like, at least once to show he knows what fists are.

Safe bets for the big whipping boys: Brodie on literally any goal he's on the ice for. Lucic if he doesn't lay a big hit in the first 10 games, or if Neal does anything. Jankowski unless he actually does something at 5 on 5.

Then Bennett is a big maybe cause like, some people in the fan base love him, some hate him. Who knows.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Big year for Skjei. Could either remain the whipping boy or could elevate his game to a #2/3 dman. I think we rushed him into the 1D role though and that took its toll on his reputation. He was in his sophomore season when we traded McDonagh and made him the 1D. We should’ve sheltered him a bit more so he could develop his offense. Hopefully getting his buddy Trouba will help as Skjei doesn’t have to carry every pairing anymore

Jesus Christ how many times do I have to say this... Skjei is a f***ing beast. Don’t worry about it.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Jankowski is heading up my personal **** list. For a lot of fans it'll be Brodie or Hanifin.

Not wildly. Monahan will start the year off hot and be a hero. Come January injury rumors will come around and by March everyone will want to trade him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Jankowski is heading up my personal **** list. For a lot of fans it'll be Brodie or Hanifin.

For Calgary it is going to be Lucic. Maybe Rittich if he faulters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->