Who will be your team's whipping boy this year?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes fans: Justin Faulk

Me: Jordan Staal unless he stays full moose mode.

It's always Justin Faulk for many Canes fans. Some of it deservedly, some of it not.
I agree that if Staal doesn't play in moose mode, he could become one.
Mrazek has a shot at being a whipping boy if he doesn't play well to start the season.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
This manss gonna get it

upload_2019-8-12_14-45-47.png

Last edited:

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
No idea what the consensus would be as i never visit the team board but i have a whip with Nylanders name on it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dubas did really well in getting rid of really bad and unpopular players. The one I'd guess would be Ceci, but I'm fine with him for a year considering he helped us get rid of Zaitsev. I have a feeling Babcock will overly rely on someone like Spezza, Harpur, or Mikheyev and it will get annoying

Reactions: TopCheese

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Alot of people are saying Burakovsky which surprises me. Are people actually expecting him to excel all of a sudden?

He hasnt done much yet in his career and im not expecting anything at all. Even if he is just very average(25 to 30ish points) id say that is a success.

His career high is 38 points 4 years ago.

He isnt very good so unsure what fans are expecting. Just expect the worst but anything better than that is a massive plus!!

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dubas did really well in getting rid of really bad and unpopular players. The one I'd guess would be Ceci, but I'm fine with him for a year considering he helped us get rid of Zaitsev. I have a feeling Babcock will overly rely on someone like Spezza, Harpur, or Mikheyev and it will get annoying

Isn't Hyman the odds on whipping boy, now that Brown, Hainsey and Marleau are gone? He's been a whipping boy to many for years, even if it's not deserved.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I could easily see Neal take over Lucic's role as the whipping boy. Though I'm hoping last season was simply an anomaly for him.
Also, if Puljujarvi sticks with the club, things could get ugly. Real ugly.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
For Minnesota it is likely going to be Rask, and if Fiala doesn't impress it may be a rough season for him as well. Ultimately it is all on Fenton though.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
if youd never watched the blues play and just went by half of hfblues and the blues page on facebook and insta youd think alex pietrangelo was a bottom pairing dman.

after that it’ll be edmundson, schwartz and steen

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Big year for Skjei. Could either remain the whipping boy or could elevate his game to a #2/3 dman. I think we rushed him into the 1D role though and that took its toll on his reputation. He was in his sophomore season when we traded McDonagh and made him the 1D. We should’ve sheltered him a bit more so he could develop his offense. Hopefully getting his buddy Trouba will help as Skjei doesn’t have to carry every pairing anymore

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll say Kreider, Buchnevich, or Trouba are the leading candidates depending on how the year goes.

To me, a whipping boy implies a guy who gets more than he deserves. For example, Marc Staal could join an S&M club and still not get whipped enough.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Not unless he sits out the year, he could get paid too much and underperform his contract and he'll still be too much of a good Canadian boy to get much heat. On the other hand, Nylander could get 70 points and half the fanbase will still hate him for not being Wendel Clarke.

I keep hearing reference to this and no one has ever answered this question ; please explain exactly what this is and what you mean with the terms usage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad